International Data Pass Tethering

Highlighted

International Data Pass Tethering

Hi,

I wanted to know if one can tether off of an iPad on a International Data Pass 120MB for $30 plan. It would be neat because iPad's battery is a beast and I can use my iPhone to make VoIP calls.

Thanks

Message 1 of 9 (1,189 Views)
Community Manager

Re: International Data Pass Tethering

That's an interesting idea. Unfortunately, not currently available. You can, however, either get the same data plan on your phone or use your iPad for Facetime or VOIP services, with a headset for example.

Dmitriy

Rethink Possible

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions: Learn More.

Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 2 of 9 (1,138 Views)

I just called AT&T and they said I could tether if I had a domestic plan. What's up? How can everything be so unclear?
Message 3 of 9 (1,133 Views)
Expert

enthusiastic wrote:
I just called AT&T and they said I could tether if I had a domestic plan. What's up? How can everything be so unclear?

where do you want to use the tethering - in the US or abroad?

If abroad, and the data plan you have allows tethering you can do so - at international roaming rates

Message 4 of 9 (1,131 Views)

Yes, abroad. That's good to hear. But what roaming rates you speak of? Isn't 120MB included in the $30 plan?

However, I was told that in order to use the international plan, I need to have a domestic plan. Which bumps the rate of the plan to $45 (with the $15 being the least one).
Message 5 of 9 (1,125 Views)
Expert

enthusiastic wrote:
Yes, abroad. That's good to hear. But what roaming rates you speak of? Isn't 120MB included in the $30 plan?

However, I was told that in order to use the international plan, I need to have a domestic plan. Which bumps the rate of the plan to $45 (with the $15 being the least one).

the international travel feature is a add on plan, not a replacement plan, it just adds the 120MB of international to the account, you exceed the 120MB you pay roaming charges. If you are going to be gone for a lenghtof time look at the study abroad plan from att

Message 6 of 9 (1,092 Views)
ACE - Master

Does an iPad even support tethering? I didn't think such a feature even exists regardless of what data plan you have. 

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 7 of 9 (1,089 Views)
Expert

[ Edited ]

sandblaster wrote:

Does an iPad even support tethering? I didn't think such a feature even exists regardless of what data plan you have. 

good question, I dumped mine when it was updated to IOS 7 so I can;t check settings

Message 8 of 9 (1,075 Views)

Message 9 of 9 (1,069 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.