Interested in getting GDR3 (Update 3) early?

Mentor

Interested in getting GDR3 (Update 3) early?

Message 1 of 12 (11,949 Views)
Teacher

Re: Interested in getting GDR3 (Update 3) early?

Good Catch!  I wonder what interaction there might be between the unmodified GDR3 and the ATT released GDR2 w/o Data Sense?  I'm very tempted to go to an update program that I can manage outside of the carrier influence.  Also MS just announced the release of GDR3:

WPCentral

Message 2 of 12 (11,916 Views)
Scholar

I wouldn't wanna risk my phone of getting bricked, I'll just wait along with everyone else...
Message 3 of 12 (11,908 Views)
Mentor

Here is one of the new features.

Message 4 of 12 (11,903 Views)
Mentor

Here is the Driving Mode install screen in settings.

Message 5 of 12 (11,896 Views)
Mentor

Note..this takes you forward and there is NO backing up so be aware of that fact if you are considering this update. I have verified that this is correct by doing the update and resetting my phone.

Message 6 of 12 (11,887 Views)
Highlighted
Professor

EJ86 wrote:
I wouldn't wanna risk my phone of getting bricked, I'll just wait along with everyone else...

You risk bricking your device when downloading firmware OTA as well. Good thing there are tools made available to us for just that occasion...

Message 7 of 12 (11,852 Views)
Mentor

Does this bring 3G/4G switch on AT&T Nokia Lumia 920?
Message 8 of 12 (11,847 Views)
Mentor

This can be removed by using Nokia Software Updater. NSU on your computer installs the latest retail firmware (gdr2/amber). Be sure to have a good backup!!
Message 9 of 12 (11,840 Views)
Professor

Message 10 of 12 (11,780 Views)
Scholar

[ Edited ]

It's a shame we have to really think through this because of AT&T's history of sloth. Personally, I am hoping the improvement to bluetooth is noticeable, as pairing devices since the GDR2 update has been awful.

Message 11 of 12 (10,797 Views)
Mentor

[ Edited ]

Smiley HappyJust installed this Developer Preview 3 update....on a Nokia 920, everything running very smooth...

All Nokia Amber features present, device overall seems more responsive, as the MS Engineering Team stated,....'many tweaks under the hood'.........Nice.

Message 12 of 12 (10,432 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.