Helpful Links

Increasing or Decreasing the length of ring time

Contributor

Increasing or Decreasing the length of ring time

In reading these forums and a few different blogs I have noticed that you can enter a two digit number, say 15 for example, to increase the amount of time your phone would ring before it forwards to the number I enter.  Say for example it's *61*14445551212*11*15#  the 15 would give me 15 seconds instead of 10.  My question is, can I DECREASE that length of time at all?

This is from one of the blogs that has really helped get my call forwarding to work:  if no answer: Ring for 15 (see the 15 at the end of the activate command) seconds, and then forwards to destination number.
Turn OFF No Answer Call Forwarding: #61# (Then press Talk or Send)
Activate: *61*14445551212*11*15#

Message 1 of 4
ACE - Expert

Re: Increasing or Decreasing the length of ring time

SSIntimidator wrote:

In reading these forums and a few different blogs I have noticed that you can enter a two digit number, say 15 for example, to increase the amount of time your phone would ring before it forwards to the number I enter.  Say for example it's *61*14445551212*11*15#  the 15 would give me 15 seconds instead of 10.  My question is, can I DECREASE that length of time at all?

This is from one of the blogs that has really helped get my call forwarding to work:  if no answer: Ring for 15 (see the 15 at the end of the activate command) seconds, and then forwards to destination number.
Turn OFF No Answer Call Forwarding: #61# (Then press Talk or Send)
Activate: *61*14445551212*11*15#

Yes, you can. Actually, 15 is the decrease from the AT&T-standard 20 seconds. Anyway, you can set the delay to anything between 5 (use 05) and 30 seconds, in 5-second increments unless AT&T has changed that recently — been a few months since the last time I tried. Some phones also have this stuff integrated into the menus, so you don't have to mess with the codes at all.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 2 of 4
Contributor

I have done exactly what is stated on the post both with my phone number and the number on this blog but the message I get is connection problem or invalid MMI code.  when no reply for all speech services.  Am at a loss for what to do next.  Please and thank you for any help!

Message 3 of 4
Highlighted
ACE - Expert

Looks like you lost a star in there. Here's the full steps:

1. On your phone, dial *#61# and click Send.
  2. Some information should be displayed: number that the calls are being forwarded to and the delay before the forwarding engages (note: on some phones, like Sony Ericsson the delay is not reported).
  3. Write down the number (including +1)
  4. Dial **61*+1xxxyyyzzzz*11*30# and hit Send. +1xxxyyyzzzz is the number you wrote down previously, 30 is the delay in seconds. The delay can be set in 5 second increments, 30 is maximum
  5. Dial *#61# to verify that the new settings are active (note: if your phone doesn't display the delay, you will have to place a test call to it instead from a different phone).
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 4 of 4
You must type a description before you click preview or reply.
Share this topic
Announcements

Are you looking to upgrade and activate your device?
Let us help make Ordering, Upgrading and Activating easy!

AT&T Locker is being discontinued on August 3rd. Find out what you need to do.

Additional Support