Helpful Links

Increasing or Decreasing the length of ring time

Contributor

Increasing or Decreasing the length of ring time

In reading these forums and a few different blogs I have noticed that you can enter a two digit number, say 15 for example, to increase the amount of time your phone would ring before it forwards to the number I enter.  Say for example it's *61*14445551212*11*15#  the 15 would give me 15 seconds instead of 10.  My question is, can I DECREASE that length of time at all?

This is from one of the blogs that has really helped get my call forwarding to work:  if no answer: Ring for 15 (see the 15 at the end of the activate command) seconds, and then forwards to destination number.
Turn OFF No Answer Call Forwarding: #61# (Then press Talk or Send)
Activate: *61*14445551212*11*15#

Message 1 of 4
Highlighted
ACE - Expert

Re: Increasing or Decreasing the length of ring time

SSIntimidator wrote:

In reading these forums and a few different blogs I have noticed that you can enter a two digit number, say 15 for example, to increase the amount of time your phone would ring before it forwards to the number I enter.  Say for example it's *61*14445551212*11*15#  the 15 would give me 15 seconds instead of 10.  My question is, can I DECREASE that length of time at all?

This is from one of the blogs that has really helped get my call forwarding to work:  if no answer: Ring for 15 (see the 15 at the end of the activate command) seconds, and then forwards to destination number.
Turn OFF No Answer Call Forwarding: #61# (Then press Talk or Send)
Activate: *61*14445551212*11*15#

Yes, you can. Actually, 15 is the decrease from the AT&T-standard 20 seconds. Anyway, you can set the delay to anything between 5 (use 05) and 30 seconds, in 5-second increments unless AT&T has changed that recently — been a few months since the last time I tried. Some phones also have this stuff integrated into the menus, so you don't have to mess with the codes at all.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 2 of 4
Contributor

I have done exactly what is stated on the post both with my phone number and the number on this blog but the message I get is connection problem or invalid MMI code.  when no reply for all speech services.  Am at a loss for what to do next.  Please and thank you for any help!

Message 3 of 4
ACE - Expert

Looks like you lost a star in there. Here's the full steps:

1. On your phone, dial *#61# and click Send.
  2. Some information should be displayed: number that the calls are being forwarded to and the delay before the forwarding engages (note: on some phones, like Sony Ericsson the delay is not reported).
  3. Write down the number (including +1)
  4. Dial **61*+1xxxyyyzzzz*11*30# and hit Send. +1xxxyyyzzzz is the number you wrote down previously, 30 is the delay in seconds. The delay can be set in 5 second increments, 30 is maximum
  5. Dial *#61# to verify that the new settings are active (note: if your phone doesn't display the delay, you will have to place a test call to it instead from a different phone).
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 4 of 4
You must type a description before you click preview or reply.
Share this topic
Announcements

Are you looking to upgrade and activate your device?

Let us help make Ordering, Upgrading and Activating easy!

Additional Support