Posted Oct 11, 2013
8:41:40 AM
View profile
Increasing data package
I recently switched from Verizon after over 10 years of service because I recently moved to an area where there coverage just didn't work as well as AT&T. I went from having an unlimited data plan to a 3GB plan, which nearly broke my heart to do. Verizon has increased their smallest data package to 6GB a month for the same $30 it's customers were paying for to receive 2GB. (Somehow, I have already gotten to 65% of my data after a week of typical usage, but according to a data calculator I use less than 2GB a month and with verizon I never even got close to 2GB of data usage... Not sure how that's possible.)

I guess my main concern/question is:

Does AT&T plan on developing a competitive data package for the same price?
I recently switched from Verizon after over 10 years of service because I recently moved to an area where there coverage just didn't work as well as AT&T. I went from having an unlimited data plan to a 3GB plan, which nearly broke my heart to do. Verizon has increased their smallest data package to 6GB a month for the same $30 it's customers were paying for to receive 2GB. (Somehow, I have already gotten to 65% of my data after a week of typical usage, but according to a data calculator I use less than 2GB a month and with verizon I never even got close to 2GB of data usage... Not sure how that's possible.)

Increasing data package

1 reply
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
Cancel
Submit
View all replies
(1)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 12, 2013 8:35:53 AM
(0)
Employee

Xtin2222 wrote:

I doubt if anyone here knows as we're just users like yourself. However, from what I read, the Verizon 6GB offer is a limited time offer and only for existing customers who have the unlimited data plan, so no they did not increase the 2GB plan to 6GB. It is an attempt to ween users off the unlimited plan. 

Xtin2222 wrote:

I doubt if anyone here knows as we're just users like yourself. However, from what I read, the Verizon 6GB offer is a limited time offer and only for existing customers who have the unlimited data plan, so no they did not increase the 2GB plan to 6GB. It is an attempt to ween users off the unlimited plan. 

*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

Re: Increasing data package

2 of 2 (245 Views)