Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Questions about your Smartphone data usage? Please join us here for a live “Ask an Expert” event on Wednesday, August 24th from 1-5 pm ET / 10am-2pm PT.

Wireless Forum

Posted Apr 8, 2014
10:03:46 PM
View profile
Incoming call don't ring, go straight to voice mail
Has anyone had the issues when someone call and your phone don't ring?.
I have been having this issues a lot lately especially when I am at work, I am a mechanic and people call me when their machine have problem and it's really frustrating that I don't get call. I have been changing phone after phone and still having same problems.
Has anyone had the issues when someone call and your phone don't ring?.
I have been having this issues a lot lately especially when I am at work, I am a mechanic and people call me when their machine have problem and it's really frustrating that I don't get call. I have been changing phone after phone and still having same problems.

Incoming call don't ring, go straight to voice mail

12 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(12)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 9, 2014 5:29:43 AM
(0)
ACE - Master
It may be a bad SIM card. Get a new one from AT&T and see if that makes a difference.
This is a user to user forum. I am a user, just like almost everyone else on the site.
It may be a bad SIM card. Get a new one from AT&T and see if that makes a difference.
This is a user to user forum. I am a user, just like almost everyone else on the site.
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: Incoming call don't ring, go straight to voice mail

2 of 13 (701 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 9, 2014 5:31:45 AM
(0)
Tutor
Did that a already my friends.
Did that a already my friends.

3 of 13 (698 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 9, 2014 6:28:22 AM
(0)
Employee

Is this an IPHONE? if it is i had the same problem when i inadvertantly set the phone into do not disturb mode.

Is this an IPHONE? if it is i had the same problem when i inadvertantly set the phone into do not disturb mode.

*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

4 of 13 (688 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 9, 2014 6:38:12 AM
(0)
Tutor
It was iPhone 5s and do not disturb mode is off. I check all of those things including reset the phone. I change to note 2 and now note 3. I have iPhone 4 that I used last week at work and seem to have no problem receiving call. But att should do something to most hight end smartphone. It seem to me that older phone works better in making and receiving call.
It was iPhone 5s and do not disturb mode is off. I check all of those things including reset the phone. I change to note 2 and now note 3. I have iPhone 4 that I used last week at work and seem to have no problem receiving call. But att should do something to most hight end smartphone. It seem to me that older phone works better in making and receiving call.

5 of 13 (682 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 9, 2014 8:23:12 AM
(0)
Employee

I understand your frustration but this seems to be a device issue and not a carrier issue I would browse the Apple forums for similar problems and solutions

I understand your frustration but this seems to be a device issue and not a carrier issue I would browse the Apple forums for similar problems and solutions

*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

6 of 13 (666 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 9, 2014 8:27:32 AM
(0)
Tutor
Edited by Phil-101 on Apr 9, 2014 at 10:09:13 AM

May be you should take time to read my post and try to understand it. I have issue with multiple devices, from iPhone 5s to galaxy note 2 and note 3. What is you technical expertise?

[Edited to comply with Guidelines]

May be you should take time to read my post and try to understand it. I have issue with multiple devices, from iPhone 5s to galaxy note 2 and note 3. What is you technical expertise?

[Edited to comply with Guidelines]

[ Edited ]
7 of 13 (663 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 9, 2014 9:44:08 AM
(0)
Employee

No need to get snippy were all here to help each other out whenever possible and to try to come up with solutions with the small amount information we receive. Attacking myself or any other person on here will get none of us any where. Anyway my responce was to your last post 

" But att should do something to most hight end smartphone. It seem to me that older phone works better in making and receiving call." And it seems to me my response stating it may be a device issue was directly related to that quote was a proper responce.

No need to get snippy were all here to help each other out whenever possible and to try to come up with solutions with the small amount information we receive. Attacking myself or any other person on here will get none of us any where. Anyway my responce was to your last post 

" But att should do something to most hight end smartphone. It seem to me that older phone works better in making and receiving call." And it seems to me my response stating it may be a device issue was directly related to that quote was a proper responce.

8 of 13 (649 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 9, 2014 9:53:01 AM
(0)
Tutor
Your response was incorrect. I say high end smartphone I mean one with lte capabilities. Old phone with just 3g works fine. is there 4G lte signal interference may be? That is my question.
Anyway long story short. I pay for service not get it for free. Do you believe you should get what you pay for?
Your response was incorrect. I say high end smartphone I mean one with lte capabilities. Old phone with just 3g works fine. is there 4G lte signal interference may be? That is my question.
Anyway long story short. I pay for service not get it for free. Do you believe you should get what you pay for?

9 of 13 (646 Views)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 9, 2014 10:54:38 AM
(0)
ACE - Master
Maybe you should have noted earlier that the 3G works but 4G LTE doesn't. That makes a big difference. It could be a problem with 4G LTE in your area?
Are there others in your area with $G phones having a problem?
If not, it may be a problem with your account. You may need customer service to look at your account to see if 4G is properly provisioned on your account.
Maybe you should have noted earlier that the 3G works but 4G LTE doesn't. That makes a big difference. It could be a problem with 4G LTE in your area?
Are there others in your area with $G phones having a problem?
If not, it may be a problem with your account. You may need customer service to look at your account to see if 4G is properly provisioned on your account.
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

10 of 13 (635 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 9, 2014 1:49:05 PM
(0)
Tutor
I think it's lte issues as well. Friend of my with iPhone 5 has same issue.
4G lte is provisions on for my phone.
I think it's lte issues as well. Friend of my with iPhone 5 has same issue.
4G lte is provisions on for my phone.

11 of 13 (627 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 9, 2014 3:07:11 PM
(0)
ACE - Master
If everyone that has the 4G LTE has a problem, then it sounds like the network. You may have to issue a problem report and have everyone that has the same problem, report the problem. Then they may listen. If only one person reports a problem, they think it is isolated and not worth looking into.
If everyone that has the 4G LTE has a problem, then it sounds like the network. You may have to issue a problem report and have everyone that has the same problem, report the problem. Then they may listen. If only one person reports a problem, they think it is isolated and not worth looking into.

12 of 13 (612 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 9, 2014 3:18:15 PM
(0)
Tutor
Not sure if all lte phone are having problems so far I have test iPhone 5s, i5, Nokia phone, note 2 and note 3 all of which supports lte and they too have this issue. But no one think it's big deal. One friend of mine with iPhone 5 say he just had to go out to the hallway to make call. He don't seem to care if he might get emergency call from his kids. I don't understand their point of views.
Not sure if all lte phone are having problems so far I have test iPhone 5s, i5, Nokia phone, note 2 and note 3 all of which supports lte and they too have this issue. But no one think it's big deal. One friend of mine with iPhone 5 say he just had to go out to the hallway to make call. He don't seem to care if he might get emergency call from his kids. I don't understand their point of views.

13 of 13 (608 Views)