In a family plan, can the lead owner of the plan have access to things such as text messages?

Contributor

In a family plan, can the lead owner of the plan have access to things such as text messages?

[ Edited ]

Nevermind!

Message 1 of 4 (892 Views)
Professor

Re: In a family plan, can the lead owner of the plan have access to things such as text messages?

You mean like seeing what people are sending back and forth? If that is what you are asking, no there is no record other than on the device itself, as long as the person does not delete them, any way to see what people are sending.

As for group unlimited texting, everyone on the plan has that capability.

"Ren: Now listen, Cadet. I've got a job for you. See this button? Don't touch it! It's the History Eraser button, you fool!

Stimpy: So what'll happen?

Ren: That's just it. We don't know. Maybe something bad, maybe something good. I guess we'll never know, 'cause you're going to guard it. You won't touch it, will you?"

Re: In a family plan, can the lead owner of the plan have access to things such as text messages?

I think it is possible but after filing necessary paper work with AT&T to release the documents.

Message 3 of 4 (424 Views)
Community Manager

Account holders can view calls and text history, but just to and from numbers and date/time. AT&T doesn't ever store any text messages contents.

Thanks,

Dmitriy

Rethink Possible

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions: Learn More.

Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 4 of 4 (366 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.