Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Jan 12, 2013
9:10:40 AM
View profile
In a family plan, can the lead owner of the plan have access to things such as text messages?
Edited by kksarai09 on Jan 12, 2013 at 9:29:02 AM

Nevermind!

Nevermind!

In a family plan, can the lead owner of the plan have access to things such as text messages?

[ Edited ]
3 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(3)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 12, 2013 9:38:07 AM
(0)
Professor
You mean like seeing what people are sending back and forth? If that is what you are asking, no there is no record other than on the device itself, as long as the person does not delete them, any way to see what people are sending.

As for group unlimited texting, everyone on the plan has that capability.

"Ren: Now listen, Cadet. I've got a job for you. See this button? Don't touch it! It's the History Eraser button, you fool!

Stimpy: So what'll happen?

Ren: That's just it. We don't know. Maybe something bad, maybe something good. I guess we'll never know, 'cause you're going to guard it. You won't touch it, will you?"
You mean like seeing what people are sending back and forth? If that is what you are asking, no there is no record other than on the device itself, as long as the person does not delete them, any way to see what people are sending.

As for group unlimited texting, everyone on the plan has that capability.

"Ren: Now listen, Cadet. I've got a job for you. See this button? Don't touch it! It's the History Eraser button, you fool!

Stimpy: So what'll happen?

Ren: That's just it. We don't know. Maybe something bad, maybe something good. I guess we'll never know, 'cause you're going to guard it. You won't touch it, will you?"

Re: In a family plan, can the lead owner of the plan have access to things such as text messages?

2 of 4 (862 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 4, 2014 5:36:08 PM
(0)
Tutor

I think it is possible but after filing necessary paper work with AT&T to release the documents.

I think it is possible but after filing necessary paper work with AT&T to release the documents.

Re: In a family plan, can the lead owner of the plan have access to things such as text messages?

3 of 4 (404 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 11, 2014 12:01:16 PM
(0)
Community Manager

Account holders can view calls and text history, but just to and from numbers and date/time. AT&T doesn't ever store any text messages contents.

Thanks,

Dmitriy

Rethink Possible

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions: Learn More.

Account holders can view calls and text history, but just to and from numbers and date/time. AT&T doesn't ever store any text messages contents.

Thanks,

Dmitriy

Rethink Possible

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions: Learn More.

I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

4 of 4 (346 Views)