Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Highlighted
Posted Jul 12, 2013
4:43:40 PM
View profile
In Need of an Early Upgrade for iPhone 5

Sorry if this topic is in the wrong place, but I require a bit of information. This is my current situation:

I currently have an iPhone 3GS (I rushed into buying an iPhone back in August 2012 before the iPhone 5 came out) and obviously I am on a 2-yr contract. With the current "trade in" promotion, is it possible for me to trade in my phone, extend my contract, and pay the $100 + upgrade fee for a iPhone 5? I'm hoping I can do this tomorrow at a local retailer. I need to recieve information as soon as possible. Thanks in advance.  

Sorry if this topic is in the wrong place, but I require a bit of information. This is my current situation:

I currently have an iPhone 3GS (I rushed into buying an iPhone back in August 2012 before the iPhone 5 came out) and obviously I am on a 2-yr contract. With the current "trade in" promotion, is it possible for me to trade in my phone, extend my contract, and pay the $100 + upgrade fee for a iPhone 5? I'm hoping I can do this tomorrow at a local retailer. I need to recieve information as soon as possible. Thanks in advance.  

In Need of an Early Upgrade for iPhone 5

3 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(3)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 12, 2013 5:11:24 PM
(0)
Expert

KingK wrote:

check on the account manager, you might be eligible for the early upgrade. That would be the cost of the subsidized phone + 250.00. Best bet would be to go to a corporate store

KingK wrote:

check on the account manager, you might be eligible for the early upgrade. That would be the cost of the subsidized phone + 250.00. Best bet would be to go to a corporate store

Re: In Need of an Early Upgrade for iPhone 5

2 of 4 (646 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 12, 2013 5:15:52 PM
(0)
Contributor
I was told by an employee at a retailer that there is a possibility of getting the early upgrade fee waived. Is that even possible? I'm trying to avoid paying such a price and I don't know how long will the promotion last while still waiting on the next iPhone announcement.
I was told by an employee at a retailer that there is a possibility of getting the early upgrade fee waived. Is that even possible? I'm trying to avoid paying such a price and I don't know how long will the promotion last while still waiting on the next iPhone announcement.

3 of 4 (641 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 12, 2013 5:42:24 PM
(0)
ACE - Master
At your point in your contract, I would highly doubt that they would waive the early upgrade fee.
This is a user to user forum. I am a user, just like almost everyone else on the site.
At your point in your contract, I would highly doubt that they would waive the early upgrade fee.
This is a user to user forum. I am a user, just like almost everyone else on the site.
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

4 of 4 (629 Views)