I want to switch from my Verizon plan to at&t will that cost me anything

Contributor

I want to switch from my Verizon plan to at&t will that cost me anything

Message 1 of 5 (13,238 Views)
Expert

Re: I want to switch from my Verizon plan to at&t will that cost me anything

It depends - your current phone will not work on att, so the cost of the new phone needs to be factored in. If you are out of contract with verizon then you can port your number with just the final bill, if in contract you have the etf.

Message 2 of 5 (13,227 Views)
Employee

Your first bill will typicall look like this

$36 activation fee + Partial Month Charge + Full Month charge + Tax

If for example your typical bill  may be $100, and you happened to start a week before the bill cycle that's assigned to you, You may see a bill $180 for the combination of everything.

If you choose AT&T Next instead of the typical 2 year contract pricing on phones, you won't have the activation fee, but may have your first installment for equipment.

Often times you can call and change your bill cycle date the same day you start service, before a bill gets put together, but the farther it gets pushed out, the more the partial month charge will be.

Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 3 of 5 (13,112 Views)
Contributor

Want to know if my early cancellation fee can be canceled if I switch to att
Message 4 of 5 (461 Views)
ACE - Expert

Usually not. but AT&T does have some incentives for switching.

https://www.att.com/shop/wireless/switch-and-save-etf.html

This is a user to user forum. I am a user, just like almost everyone else on the site.
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 5 of 5 (449 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.