I used to have service at my house, and now I have none.

Tutor

I used to have service at my house, and now I have none.

Hello all,

I have a Iphone 5 through At&t, I got the phone the day it was released and it has worked great up until about a month ago. Now when I get calls or try to call someone, the person on the other end of the phone cannot hear me or I sound so distorted that they cannot understand me.

Below is a list of all things I have done to try and figure out why my phone used to work but now doesn't.

I have had the sim card replaced 2x

I have had the Iphone replaced

I have been given a FemtoCell, which did not help the situation at all.

I have troubleshot, moved, relocated the Femtocell with no better service, and femtocell is said to be working perfectly

I have had them check the towers in my area, etc

I have studied the coverage map and I may be wrong but the line for 4G and LTE runs pretty much through my house and my phone is constantly fighting and trying to go between either 4G or LTE. I would understand if the phone did not work inside, however the phone does not work outside my house either unless I drive approx 1/2 mile in any direction

I have called At&t and I am at the point now where I do not have a clue what to do. I cannot call At&t while at home because I do not have a land line, as I have always used my phone. I do not want to cancel with At&t, I have been a customer with them forever since the cingular days, I have never been late on a payment, and I am very frustrated with this.

I use my cell phone (well used to) for work at home, I also do not feel that I should have to pay a ETF for this if they cannot fix this issue, granted they have given me the Femtocell, but that took a lot of arguing and it does not work.

Can anyone help me with this, I have about a year left on my contract, and I need cell service in my house like it used to be!!!!! The phone worked perfectly for almost 8 months and now nothing just would like some answers as to why this happening now when it worked perfectly before, Thank you in advance for any help you can give

Message 1 of 4
Scholar

Re: I used to have service at my house, and now I have none.

If you decide to leave AT&T avoid U.S. Cellular like the plague!!

Message 2 of 4
Community Manager

Hello db1199, Thank you for posting here and welcome to the forum.

I'm really sorry to hear about your reception issues, it's odd that it worked fine before but now doesn't. Do you know, by any chance, if other AT&T customers have the same problem at your house? And about your Microcell, we have a microcell specific forum here, some really smart guys there, they might be able to help. On our part, we have a team of amazing managers that might be able to find a solution for you, I received your PM and replied, one of them can call you to help you figure out what's going on.

Please let me know if there is anything else I can do for you.

Thanks,

Dmitriy.

Rethink Possible

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions: Learn More.

Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 3 of 4
Contributor

I have the same issue at home.  Where do you live?  I am in Ohio, North of Columbus.

Message 4 of 4
You must type a description before you click preview or reply.
Share this topic
Announcements

Are you looking to upgrade and activate your device?

Let us help make Ordering, Upgrading and Activating easy!

Additional Support