I phone 5 order status

Tutor

I phone 5 order status

I ordered the iphone 5 at 3am EST/Midnight Pacific time but under my order status is has it as "backordered" and " processing to be shipped" no where does it say if I wiill get it on friday or not. My CC was charged though =/. I am assuming I will get it friday since i placed the order at the midnight release. Anyone got any info to clarify this? Thx

Message 1 of 21 (6,027 Views)
Teacher

Re: I phone 5 order status

I apparently decided to do my own research before registering here, whereas others did so just to complain about the assumed ineptitude of AT&T. The ineptitude lies with the people I just described. Use some reasoning to determine the answer to your questions. If today I used 2-day shipping to get from my house to yours, it would be there Thursday. So chill.

CSRs don't have the ability to track down your specific order in a sea of 300k+ phones in the warehouse. They are simply telling you what they're hearing to get you off the phone so they can get to somebody with real issues. So chill.

If you don't have a change in your order status from processing to shipped by 10pm CST tomorrow, you aren't getting your phone Friday. There's your final answer. So freaking chill.

This will be posted whenever I see somebody else whining.

Message 16 of 21 (3,952 Views)
Highlighted
ACE - Professor

AntelopeJim wrote:

You will be a very busy man.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 17 of 21 (3,922 Views)
Teacher

cousintim wrote:

AntelopeJim wrote:

You will be a very busy man.

This has become very apparent. I just can't believe people will register just to complain or ask questions that have already been answered with the best available information. I've been looking at threads here for about an hour and I have no questions at all.

Message 18 of 21 (3,903 Views)
ACE - Professor

AntelopeJim wrote:
This has become very apparent. I just can't believe people will register just to complain or ask questions that have already been answered with the best available information. I've been looking at threads here for about an hour and I have no questions at all.

The most inexplicable activity to me is calling or chatting with AT&T CSRs.  If there is no problem with one's order, there is nothing more that they (or their manager) can do.

There is also better, more accurate and more current info posted here than the scripted CSR responses.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 19 of 21 (3,879 Views)
Teacher

It's kind of like when I called Apple yesterday. I really was just trying to find a way to get in touch wih somebody about future products. Finally I gave in and told the CSR that I'm curious when a new composite A/V cable will be available for the lightning connector. She went to her manager, who went to a tech, who told them (and apparently they believed the tech) that the current A/V cable will work with the iPhone 5. Obviously this is terribly wrong information so I politely (yes really) told the CSR how wrong it was, but me asking for the correct info is going to make her look insubordinate to her boss for second guessing, make her time at work worse, and wont help me get the product any faster, so thank you for your time. I guess there are just different types of people in the world that will yell at a CSR until he gets an asnwer he can live with, even though that answer isn't even right. Way to go, dude.

Message 20 of 21 (3,814 Views)
Contributor

I placed my order online through AT&T's website on 9/20 around 10:00am. 

I have been checking the order status everyday. At first, I had "preparing to ship"

on the phone (5s 32gb gold) and "back ordered" on the SIM card. 

3 days later the status on the SIM changed to "processing". 

My expected delivery date was always 10/21 - 10/29.

This evening I got an email from AT&T congratulating me. 

My order has shipped. 

I am in Chicago. 

Stay Tuned.....

Message 21 of 21 (1,164 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.