I own an iphone 4S, about to own a 5C, do I let AT&T know?

I own an iphone 4S, about to own a 5C, do I let AT&T know?

Hi. I'm on a contract with a iphone 4s, and a friend is selling me an iphone 5c at a great price, do I need to let at&t know? I know that I'll have to use a sim cutter for the new 5C correct?

Message 1 of 4 (643 Views)
Professor

Re: I own an iphone 4S, about to own a 5C, do I let AT&T know?

If you want to get LTE speeds on the 5c you need to let AT&T know you have it so they can make the switch. You don't have to cut your SIM card, you can stop in any AT&T corporate store and get a new one, no charge.

None of this affects your contract. The contract is on the line, not the phone.

Message 2 of 4 (638 Views)
ACE - Master

Max69 wrote:

If you want to get LTE speeds on the 5c you need to let AT&T know you have it so they can make the switch. You don't have to cut your SIM card, you can stop in any AT&T corporate store and get a new one, no charge.

None of this affects your contract. The contract is on the line, not the phone.

Plus if you want LTE service, you definitely need a new sim as the one you currently have does not support LTE service. So, in addition to a new sim, you will need to switch your current data plan to its LTE equivilent. Both can be done at an AT&T corporate store and as Max69 notes, no impact to your contract or current services or data plan. You keep the same data plan, it is just the LTE version of whatever data plan you currently have.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 3 of 4 (586 Views)

thank you for the answers

Message 4 of 4 (556 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.