Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Dec 5, 2013
10:08:48 PM
I own an iphone 4S, about to own a 5C, do I let AT&T know?

Hi. I'm on a contract with a iphone 4s, and a friend is selling me an iphone 5c at a great price, do I need to let at&t know? I know that I'll have to use a sim cutter for the new 5C correct?

Hi. I'm on a contract with a iphone 4s, and a friend is selling me an iphone 5c at a great price, do I need to let at&t know? I know that I'll have to use a sim cutter for the new 5C correct?

I own an iphone 4S, about to own a 5C, do I let AT&T know?

3 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(3)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 5, 2013 10:32:14 PM
(0)
Professor

If you want to get LTE speeds on the 5c you need to let AT&T know you have it so they can make the switch. You don't have to cut your SIM card, you can stop in any AT&T corporate store and get a new one, no charge.

None of this affects your contract. The contract is on the line, not the phone.

If you want to get LTE speeds on the 5c you need to let AT&T know you have it so they can make the switch. You don't have to cut your SIM card, you can stop in any AT&T corporate store and get a new one, no charge.

Re: I own an iphone 4S, about to own a 5C, do I let AT&T know?

2 of 4 (583 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 6, 2013 8:15:13 AM
(0)
Former Employee

Max69 wrote:

Plus if you want LTE service, you definitely need a new sim as the one you currently have does not support LTE service. So, in addition to a new sim, you will need to switch your current data plan to its LTE equivilent. Both can be done at an AT&T corporate store and as Max69 notes, no impact to your contract or current services or data plan. You keep the same data plan, it is just the LTE version of whatever data plan you currently have.

Max69 wrote:

Plus if you want LTE service, you definitely need a new sim as the one you currently have does not support LTE service. So, in addition to a new sim, you will need to switch your current data plan to its LTE equivilent. Both can be done at an AT&T corporate store and as Max69 notes, no impact to your contract or current services or data plan. You keep the same data plan, it is just the LTE version of whatever data plan you currently have.

3 of 4 (531 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 6, 2013 10:12:45 PM
(0)
Teacher

thank you for the answers

thank you for the answers

4 of 4 (501 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments