I'm not sure if this is where I should post this, or what to do!

Contributor

I'm not sure if this is where I should post this, or what to do!

So my phone is having some issues, probably because I have dropped it alot in the time that I have had it.

Most of them I can handle, but the main one is that I have to turn the device in a certain direction to get it to charge, and now tonight it is saying it's charging, but when I pull it off to check the actual battery life, it isn't charging at all.

This isn't such a big deal, I need a new phone anyway BUT:

I don't have insurance of any sort on this phone, and my contract with AT&T is up in May.

So am I going to have to cancel my current contract and start a new one to get a new phone, and if so am I going to have to pay an outrageous cancellation fee?

Am I able to get a replacement phone, either the one I have, or just some really cheap thing for the four months I have left even though I have no insurance?

Or do I have to go phoneless for 4 months and am just totally screwed?

Any help is appreciated!

Thanks in advance.

Message 1 of 2
Highlighted
ACE - Professor

Re: I'm not sure if this is where I should post this, or what to do!

Check with AT&T to see if you can get an upgrade. They used to give upgrade before the contract expires, but I can't remember if that policy changed.

You can also take the phone to a repair shop and see if it can be fixed.

You can purchase a used phone from ebay/craigslist, etc. Just make sure it is unlocked or locked to AT&T.

You  can purchase an inexpensive phone to bridge the gap between now and when you can get an upgrade. 

You can add a  line to your account to get the discounted price. You'll have to pay for the additional line for 2 years, but it's an option that may be worth it depending on your situation.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 2 of 2
You must type a description before you click preview or reply.
Share this topic
Announcements

Find the Unlimited Plan that works best for you at our Knowledge Sharing Session: Whole Lotta' Data Going On on Wed. 6/28 from 1-4pm ET / noon-3pm CT / 10am-1pm PT!

Find out the very latest about the new iPad Pros!

Are you looking to upgrade and activate your device?

Let us help make Ordering, Upgrading and Activating easy!

Additional Support