I'm not sure if this is where I should post this, or what to do!

Contributor

I'm not sure if this is where I should post this, or what to do!

So my phone is having some issues, probably because I have dropped it alot in the time that I have had it.

Most of them I can handle, but the main one is that I have to turn the device in a certain direction to get it to charge, and now tonight it is saying it's charging, but when I pull it off to check the actual battery life, it isn't charging at all.

This isn't such a big deal, I need a new phone anyway BUT:

I don't have insurance of any sort on this phone, and my contract with AT&T is up in May.

So am I going to have to cancel my current contract and start a new one to get a new phone, and if so am I going to have to pay an outrageous cancellation fee?

Am I able to get a replacement phone, either the one I have, or just some really cheap thing for the four months I have left even though I have no insurance?

Or do I have to go phoneless for 4 months and am just totally screwed?

Any help is appreciated!

Thanks in advance.

Message 1 of 2 (186 Views)
Highlighted
ACE - Professor

Re: I'm not sure if this is where I should post this, or what to do!

Check with AT&T to see if you can get an upgrade. They used to give upgrade before the contract expires, but I can't remember if that policy changed.

You can also take the phone to a repair shop and see if it can be fixed.

You can purchase a used phone from ebay/craigslist, etc. Just make sure it is unlocked or locked to AT&T.

You  can purchase an inexpensive phone to bridge the gap between now and when you can get an upgrade. 

You can add a  line to your account to get the discounted price. You'll have to pay for the additional line for 2 years, but it's an option that may be worth it depending on your situation.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 2 of 2 (152 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.