Wireless Forums

Posted Mar 13, 2013
1:20:07 PM
View profile
I am at a point with my dealings with ATT that I feel like I'm about to have a nervous breakdown.

This is my story: I currently bundle services with ATT. I have my wireless, home phone, internet and satellite bundled with them. Over the last few months I noticed discounts/credits disappearing off my account. One discount I had was $25.00 off my total bill. It was for $5.00 off for each wireless line we had. We have 5 lines so that came to $25. When I called to inquire about what happened to the discount/credit they told me that they've never had that kind of discount. It did show on previous bills so I was told that a case would be opened to find out what happened with it. I never heard anything back in regards to it so I called yesterday and spent well over 4hrs on the phone with ATT. I was transferred from dept to dept. I was treated like I was lying about it and I even spoke to a manager that attempted to take credit for locating the date the discount was removed(I located the date). He was rude to me and treated me like I was trying to get everything for free. Oh and part of the reason I had called ATT was because my bill was incredibly high and didn't understand why? I did upgrade 2 of the lines on my account and had called last month because I was shocked when I received last months bill too. The customer rep that I spoke with last month was very nice to me and did some adjustments to my account. When I upgraded the 2 lines, they were done at separate times and the 2nd upgraded line wasn't showing up yet on my bill. The csr told me to call back when it showed up and ask for a one time courtesy credit. When I called yesterday I was told that att hasn't done that for several months now. I told the csr that I spoke with a csr last month and she told me to call and request it. This csr also stated that even if he attempted to give me the credit that the system wouldn't let it go through. That's when I asked to speak with the manager. The manager was extremely rude to me. I have been with ATT since 2002. He told me flat out that the reason for the $25.00 discount/credit is unknown and there is nothing I can do about it. It is what it is and too bad, so sad. He transferred me to a different dept and now instead of reducing my bill, I was talked into switching to a mobile share data plan that is going to cost me more money then I'm paying now. I was so exhausted and frustrated at that point in time that what he was saying sounded good. Today I was thinking about it and chatted with ATT. I asked if I could change back to what I previously had and was told yes I could. The issue now is that I had over 5,000 roll over minutes that are now gone. I was told that ATT might give me back some of those roll over minutes but not all. Right now I'm on the edge of having a nervous breakdown. Where has customer service gone? I have never experienced this bad of customer service in my life. I am in shock over all of what this company has put me through. I wish I could drop them. Yes I know that I can do whatever I want to do but that is different than doing what is good for my family financially speaking. I'm just exhausted.

This is my story: I currently bundle services with ATT. I have my wireless, home phone, internet and satellite bundled with them. Over the last few months I noticed discounts/credits disappearing off my account. One discount I had was $25.00 off my total bill. It was for $5.00 off for each wireless line we had. We have 5 lines so that came to $25. When I called to inquire about what happened to the discount/credit they told me that they've never had that kind of discount. It did show on previous bills so I was told that a case would be opened to find out what happened with it. I never heard anything back in regards to it so I called yesterday and spent well over 4hrs on the phone with ATT. I was transferred from dept to dept. I was treated like I was lying about it and I even spoke to a manager that attempted to take credit for locating the date the discount was removed(I located the date). He was rude to me and treated me like I was trying to get everything for free. Oh and part of the reason I had called ATT was because my bill was incredibly high and didn't understand why? I did upgrade 2 of the lines on my account and had called last month because I was shocked when I received last months bill too. The customer rep that I spoke with last month was very nice to me and did some adjustments to my account. When I upgraded the 2 lines, they were done at separate times and the 2nd upgraded line wasn't showing up yet on my bill. The csr told me to call back when it showed up and ask for a one time courtesy credit. When I called yesterday I was told that att hasn't done that for several months now. I told the csr that I spoke with a csr last month and she told me to call and request it. This csr also stated that even if he attempted to give me the credit that the system wouldn't let it go through. That's when I asked to speak with the manager. The manager was extremely rude to me. I have been with ATT since 2002. He told me flat out that the reason for the $25.00 discount/credit is unknown and there is nothing I can do about it. It is what it is and too bad, so sad. He transferred me to a different dept and now instead of reducing my bill, I was talked into switching to a mobile share data plan that is going to cost me more money then I'm paying now. I was so exhausted and frustrated at that point in time that what he was saying sounded good. Today I was thinking about it and chatted with ATT. I asked if I could change back to what I previously had and was told yes I could. The issue now is that I had over 5,000 roll over minutes that are now gone. I was told that ATT might give me back some of those roll over minutes but not all. Right now I'm on the edge of having a nervous breakdown. Where has customer service gone? I have never experienced this bad of customer service in my life. I am in shock over all of what this company has put me through. I wish I could drop them. Yes I know that I can do whatever I want to do but that is different than doing what is good for my family financially speaking. I'm just exhausted.

I am at a point with my dealings with ATT that I feel like I'm about to have a nervous breakdown.

4 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
Replies
(4)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 13, 2013 2:53:35 PM
(0)
ACE - Professor

Just a suggestion: please use paragraphs when typing long posts into the forums.  It's very hard on the eyes to read a block of text like that.

Have you reached out to AT&T Customer Care on the forum for help?  You can reach them by sending a private message using this link:  ATTCustomerCare

Just a suggestion: please use paragraphs when typing long posts into the forums.  It's very hard on the eyes to read a block of text like that.

Have you reached out to AT&T Customer Care on the forum for help?  You can reach them by sending a private message using this link:  ATTCustomerCare

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: I am at a point with my dealings with ATT that I feel like I'm about to have a nervous breakdown

2 of 5 (356 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 10, 2014 6:00:30 AM
(0)
Tutor

Some people type the message in a notepad/word in a formatted way and when they copy/ paste it into the richtext box here, it puts them all together :smileysad:

Some people type the message in a notepad/word in a formatted way and when they copy/ paste it into the richtext box here, it puts them all together :smileysad:

Re: I am at a point with my dealings with ATT that I feel like I'm about to have a nervous breakdown

3 of 5 (163 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 10, 2014 6:39:49 AM
(0)
Scholar

:womanembarrassed:Sorry about the way I wrote the post. I didn't think of how difficult it would be to read writing it the way I did. I will remember to write posts in paragraphs next time.

:womanembarrassed:Sorry about the way I wrote the post. I didn't think of how difficult it would be to read writing it the way I did. I will remember to write posts in paragraphs next time.

4 of 5 (154 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 10, 2014 7:04:23 AM
(0)
Community Manager

Hello 4mygrls,

I'm sorry for the issues you're having and all the frustration they're causing. We can help you get everything corrected. Like 21stNow suggested, please send us a private message by clicking here, include your full name, phone number and the best time you can be reached. Please give our social media care department few days to respond as they're a little bit backed up after the holidays.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Thank you,

Dmitriy

Rethink Possible

For account specific help, please send a private message to ATTCustomerCare

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions here.

Hello 4mygrls,

I'm sorry for the issues you're having and all the frustration they're causing. We can help you get everything corrected. Like 21stNow suggested, please send us a private message by clicking here, include your full name, phone number and the best time you can be reached. Please give our social media care department few days to respond as they're a little bit backed up after the holidays.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Thank you,

Dmitriy

Rethink Possible

For account specific help, please send a private message to ATTCustomerCare

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions here.

I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

5 of 5 (149 Views)