I Did not authorize any to make payments on my account

Contributor

I Did not authorize any to make payments on my account

AT&T allowed my son access to handling payments from his wireless which resulted in me being suspended because payments that were made did not go through. Mind you AT&T didn't notify until I was shut off and my number was the primary holder. I received no notification no nothing. I have been with AT&T for years and this truly saddens me. My Son was wrong on his part most definitely but if AT&T had of notified my Wireless number which is the primary number on the account I could have stopped all this.
Message 1 of 3
Employee

Re: I Did not authorize any to make payments on my account

If I remember right, the first time, or couple times you're late, AT&T sends an email, reminding you of your due date. After that, it's understood that you're aware of your due date, and that any day after the due date could have consequences, including interuption of service, and additional fees. Given that you've had the service that long, I imagined that happened a long time ago, and you're due date probably has been pretty consistent.

I'm not saying it wouldn't be nice, but ultimately AT&T is responsible for for making sure you're aware of the due date, like it shows each month on the bill, and you're responsible for ensuring directly, or indirectly that it's paid, and the consequences otherwise.

If you feel you need an extra reminder, in addition to the bill, there's a service called Text2Pay that you can set up that sends you a reminder, about a week before the bill's due, with the option to process a payment if you reply.

-Alex

Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 2 of 3
Highlighted
ACE - Professor

Re: I Did not authorize any to make payments on my account

23psalms wrote:
AT&T allowed my son access to handling payments from his wireless which resulted in me being suspended because payments that were made did not go through. Mind you AT&T didn't notify until I was shut off and my number was the primary holder. I received no notification no nothing. I have been with AT&T for years and this truly saddens me. My Son was wrong on his part most definitely but if AT&T had of notified my Wireless number which is the primary number on the account I could have stopped all this.

I'm confused as to what happened here. What did your son do that prevented payments from being made?

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 3 of 3
You must type a description before you click preview or reply.
Share this topic
Announcements

Are you looking to upgrade and activate your device?

Let us help make Ordering, Upgrading and Activating easy!

Additional Support