How to view text messages after phone is dead?

How to view text messages after phone is dead?

I have a Samsung Rugby III that fell into the washing machine and it no longer works.  I would like to know if there is a way that I can view unread text messages online.  Is it possible to do that or am I going to have to wait until I get my new phone to do that?

Message 1 of 4 (2,446 Views)
Expert

Re: How to view text messages after phone is dead?

callie.crk.kuczek wrote:

I have a Samsung Rugby III that fell into the washing machine and it no longer works.  I would like to know if there is a way that I can view unread text messages online.  Is it possible to do that or am I going to have to wait until I get my new phone to do that?

don;t think so, also text messages have a specific life time before they are purged, depending on when your replacement phone arrives they maybe gone.

Message 2 of 4 (2,415 Views)
Highlighted
Expert

[ Edited ]

callie.crk.kuczek wrote:

Do you have an old cell phone handy?? Do you have the SIM card from the phone that fell into the washing machine? You should be able to put the SIM into an old phone for the time being and see your RECENT messages, if there are any. 

REGRET NOTHING~

we live & learn~

Message 3 of 4 (2,406 Views)

Thank you for the answers everyone.  I did not have access to an older cell phone that I could have used to gain access to my text messages.  I chose not to get another Samsung Rugby III.  I bought an LG Xpression, which I am really happy with.  Recent messages came in once I got the new phone all set up.

Message 4 of 4 (2,309 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.