Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Highlighted
Posted Jul 5, 2013
10:23:26 AM
How to view text messages after phone is dead?

I have a Samsung Rugby III that fell into the washing machine and it no longer works.  I would like to know if there is a way that I can view unread text messages online.  Is it possible to do that or am I going to have to wait until I get my new phone to do that?

I have a Samsung Rugby III that fell into the washing machine and it no longer works.  I would like to know if there is a way that I can view unread text messages online.  Is it possible to do that or am I going to have to wait until I get my new phone to do that?

How to view text messages after phone is dead?

3 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(3)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 5, 2013 11:48:59 AM
(0)
Expert

callie.crk.kuczek wrote:

don;t think so, also text messages have a specific life time before they are purged, depending on when your replacement phone arrives they maybe gone.

callie.crk.kuczek wrote:

don;t think so, also text messages have a specific life time before they are purged, depending on when your replacement phone arrives they maybe gone.

Re: How to view text messages after phone is dead?

2 of 4 (2,347 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 5, 2013 12:20:44 PM
(0)
Expert
Edited by Dcookie on Jul 5, 2013 at 12:21:49 PM

callie.crk.kuczek wrote:

Do you have an old cell phone handy?? Do you have the SIM card from the phone that fell into the washing machine? You should be able to put the SIM into an old phone for the time being and see your RECENT messages, if there are any. 

REGRET NOTHING~

we live & learn~

callie.crk.kuczek wrote:

Do you have an old cell phone handy?? Do you have the SIM card from the phone that fell into the washing machine? You should be able to put the SIM into an old phone for the time being and see your RECENT messages, if there are any. 

REGRET NOTHING~

we live & learn~

[ Edited ]
3 of 4 (2,338 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 6, 2013 8:34:28 PM
(0)
Scholar

Thank you for the answers everyone.  I did not have access to an older cell phone that I could have used to gain access to my text messages.  I chose not to get another Samsung Rugby III.  I bought an LG Xpression, which I am really happy with.  Recent messages came in once I got the new phone all set up.

Thank you for the answers everyone.  I did not have access to an older cell phone that I could have used to gain access to my text messages.  I chose not to get another Samsung Rugby III.  I bought an LG Xpression, which I am really happy with.  Recent messages came in once I got the new phone all set up.

4 of 4 (2,241 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments