How to unlock an iPad Mini from UK

Contributor

How to unlock an iPad Mini from UK

I bought what I thought was an unlocked 3G iPad Mini from Amazon. It came with an ATT sim, however I removed it and used my local one and it quickly stopped working.

Thinking it could be a carrier lock issue I visited the Apple store who confirmed the iPad is locked. How do I unlock it? I visited the form request and it tells me that it is unlocked, however it can't be. How can I unlock my device from the UK?

Thanks,

SG

Tags (4)
Message 1 of 5
Expert

Re: How to unlock an iPad Mini from UK

hisfadgesty wrote:

I bought what I thought was an unlocked 3G iPad Mini from Amazon. It came with an ATT sim, however I removed it and used my local one and it quickly stopped working.

Thinking it could be a carrier lock issue I visited the Apple store who confirmed the iPad is locked. How do I unlock it? I visited the form request and it tells me that it is unlocked, however it can't be. How can I unlock my device from the UK?

Thanks,

SG

Ipad has the same requirement as a phone - you must be a current or previous customer of att to request the unlock. Is this the form you are using?

https://www.att.com/deviceunlock/client/en_US/

Message 2 of 5
Contributor

That is the form. Correct.

I am a frequent traveller so I need to be able to use multiple sim cards.
Message 3 of 5
Scholar

Have you contacted Amazon to see if it can be returned? Did they advertise it as unlocked?
Message 4 of 5
Expert

gphipps wrote:
Have you contacted Amazon to see if it can be returned? Did they advertise it as unlocked?

Only two retailers are allowed to sell factory unlocked iphones - apple and verizon  - trick is verizon is only the Iphne 5 and 5S, the GSM portion is unlocked but the CDMA portion is locked to verizon

Message 5 of 5
You must type a description before you click preview or reply.
Share this topic
Announcements

Are you looking to upgrade and activate your device?

Let us help make Ordering, Upgrading and Activating easy!

Additional Support