Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Feb 14, 2014
3:40:24 PM
View profile
How to unlock an iPad Mini from UK

I bought what I thought was an unlocked 3G iPad Mini from Amazon. It came with an ATT sim, however I removed it and used my local one and it quickly stopped working.

Thinking it could be a carrier lock issue I visited the Apple store who confirmed the iPad is locked. How do I unlock it? I visited the form request and it tells me that it is unlocked, however it can't be. How can I unlock my device from the UK?

Thanks,

SG

I bought what I thought was an unlocked 3G iPad Mini from Amazon. It came with an ATT sim, however I removed it and used my local one and it quickly stopped working.

Thinking it could be a carrier lock issue I visited the Apple store who confirmed the iPad is locked. How do I unlock it? I visited the form request and it tells me that it is unlocked, however it can't be. How can I unlock my device from the UK?

Thanks,

SG

How to unlock an iPad Mini from UK

4 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(4)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 14, 2014 4:34:05 PM
(0)
Expert

hisfadgesty wrote:

Thanks,

SG

Ipad has the same requirement as a phone - you must be a current or previous customer of att to request the unlock. Is this the form you are using?

https://www.att.com/deviceunlock/client/en_US/

hisfadgesty wrote:

Thanks,

SG

Ipad has the same requirement as a phone - you must be a current or previous customer of att to request the unlock. Is this the form you are using?

https://www.att.com/deviceunlock/client/en_US/

Re: How to unlock an iPad Mini from UK

2 of 5 (913 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 14, 2014 4:35:23 PM
(0)
Contributor
That is the form. Correct.

I am a frequent traveller so I need to be able to use multiple sim cards.
That is the form. Correct.

I am a frequent traveller so I need to be able to use multiple sim cards.

3 of 5 (911 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 15, 2014 2:17:09 PM
(0)
Scholar
Have you contacted Amazon to see if it can be returned? Did they advertise it as unlocked?
Have you contacted Amazon to see if it can be returned? Did they advertise it as unlocked?

4 of 5 (837 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 16, 2014 10:51:25 AM
(0)
Expert

gphipps wrote:

Only two retailers are allowed to sell factory unlocked iphones - apple and verizon  - trick is verizon is only the Iphne 5 and 5S, the GSM portion is unlocked but the CDMA portion is locked to verizon

gphipps wrote:

Only two retailers are allowed to sell factory unlocked iphones - apple and verizon  - trick is verizon is only the Iphne 5 and 5S, the GSM portion is unlocked but the CDMA portion is locked to verizon

5 of 5 (812 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments