How to unlock an iPad Mini from UK

Highlighted
Contributor

How to unlock an iPad Mini from UK

I bought what I thought was an unlocked 3G iPad Mini from Amazon. It came with an ATT sim, however I removed it and used my local one and it quickly stopped working.

Thinking it could be a carrier lock issue I visited the Apple store who confirmed the iPad is locked. How do I unlock it? I visited the form request and it tells me that it is unlocked, however it can't be. How can I unlock my device from the UK?

Thanks,

SG

Message 1 of 5 (1,011 Views)
Expert

Re: How to unlock an iPad Mini from UK

hisfadgesty wrote:

I bought what I thought was an unlocked 3G iPad Mini from Amazon. It came with an ATT sim, however I removed it and used my local one and it quickly stopped working.

Thinking it could be a carrier lock issue I visited the Apple store who confirmed the iPad is locked. How do I unlock it? I visited the form request and it tells me that it is unlocked, however it can't be. How can I unlock my device from the UK?

Thanks,

SG

Ipad has the same requirement as a phone - you must be a current or previous customer of att to request the unlock. Is this the form you are using?

https://www.att.com/deviceunlock/client/en_US/

Message 2 of 5 (989 Views)
Contributor

That is the form. Correct.

I am a frequent traveller so I need to be able to use multiple sim cards.
Message 3 of 5 (987 Views)
Scholar

Have you contacted Amazon to see if it can be returned? Did they advertise it as unlocked?
Message 4 of 5 (913 Views)
Expert

gphipps wrote:
Have you contacted Amazon to see if it can be returned? Did they advertise it as unlocked?

Only two retailers are allowed to sell factory unlocked iphones - apple and verizon  - trick is verizon is only the Iphne 5 and 5S, the GSM portion is unlocked but the CDMA portion is locked to verizon

Message 5 of 5 (888 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.