Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Oct 7, 2013
9:02:39 AM
How to stop data usage alert texts?

"In most cases, yes, you will receive data usage alerts when you reach 65% and 90% of your data plan. In some cases, you could miss an alert if you are in the middle of a data session (such as downloading a movie) when you surpass 65% or 90% of your allotted data usage for a given billing cycle."

So How do I stop these annoying texts from waking me up at 1AM in the morning?  No I can not turn off my phone since my work requires me to be on call 24x7.

"In most cases, yes, you will receive data usage alerts when you reach 65% and 90% of your data plan. In some cases, you could miss an alert if you are in the middle of a data session (such as downloading a movie) when you surpass 65% or 90% of your allotted data usage for a given billing cycle."

So How do I stop these annoying texts from waking me up at 1AM in the morning?  No I can not turn off my phone since my work requires me to be on call 24x7.

How to stop data usage alert texts?

1 reply
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(1)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 9, 2013 6:46:08 AM
(0)
Community Manager

Hello, steph280!

Thanks for your post! If you would like to opt out of AT&T's data usage alerts, simply reply to the text message with the word STOP.

For more information, simply click on the link below.

AT&T Alerts FAQ

Let me know if that helps!

-Mariana

Rethink Possible

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions: Learn More.

Hello, steph280!

Thanks for your post! If you would like to opt out of AT&T's data usage alerts, simply reply to the text message with the word STOP.

For more information, simply click on the link below.

AT&T Alerts FAQ

Let me know if that helps!

-Mariana

Rethink Possible

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions: Learn More.

*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

Re: How to stop data usage alert texts?

2 of 2 (5,361 Views)