Helpful Links

How to lock screen of Samsung Galaxy Express?

How to lock screen of Samsung Galaxy Express?

How do we lock the screen of Samsung Galaxy Express? Since I do not have a car and depend on bus/walking, today while commuting the phone automatically dialled out an international call. It was running for 9 minutes.

Please help...

Message 1 of 5
Expert

Re: How to lock screen of Samsung Galaxy Express?

I found this...hope it helps. 

http://www.samsung.com/us/support/howtoguide/N0000643/10559/125022

REGRET NOTHING~

we live & learn~

Message 2 of 5

Thanks. I set Pattern + Swipe. But the screen does not seem to lock even after switching the display off by turning the sliders on the right side of the phone.

What am I missing?

Message 3 of 5
Expert

I REALLY don't have a clue but did you look into the Swipe Option a little more??? Hopefully, there is another member that'll know more about this than I do. I was just happy that I could find some info for you. 

http://www.samsung.com/us/support/howtoguide/N0000643/10559/125022#Swipe

Question...did you select a time out setting??? 

REGRET NOTHING~

we live & learn~

Message 4 of 5
Highlighted
Professor

lavanyadeepak wrote:

Thanks. I set Pattern + Swipe. But the screen does not seem to lock even after switching the display off by turning the sliders on the right side of the phone.

What am I missing?

What are you describing is a bit unclear. The screen locks are for prevention for going past the lockscreen. Are you referring to waking the screen? This can be done by incidentally pushing the power button. Then if you have shortcuts enabled on the lock screen it is possible to incidentally access one of those apps. If the dialer is one of those shortcuts, then it is possible to incidentally make a call. If this could be what is happening to you, I would recommend turning of shortcuts on the lockscreen. To ensure that you can instantly lock the device with the power button make sure you have Lock Instantly with Power Key enabled in settings. You made to find a more reliable way to carry your device.

Message 5 of 5
Share this topic
Announcements

iPhone 8 and 8 Plus is Here! Learn What’s New and How to Order

The Apple Watch Series 3 is Here! Learn how to have the freedom to go with just your watch!

The iPhone X (10) is on it's way!

Additional Support