How to import my songs from my iphone to my mac?

How to import my songs from my iphone to my mac?

I can't get my music to transfer from my iphone to my macbook pro?

I don't know what to do. Who can help me?

Thank you for any help!!!

Message 1 of 10 (2,772 Views)
ACE - Professor

Re: How to import my songs from my iphone to my mac?

Hi there!

Have you tried syncing the device with iTunes? It should do it automatically but you may also it manually from the Device section! Smiley Wink

-Evandela
~Sunshine Smiley Happy
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 2 of 10 (2,768 Views)
ACE - Professor

The iPhone isn't meant to be used to transfer music from one desktop/laptop to another, and there are not any offical Apple-supported methods to do this.

Your music purchases (in iTunes) can be downloaded onto a new machine without charge, once you log into your iTunes account on that machine. One would assume any other music you originally had in iTunes to get it onto the iPhone, you still have somewhere.

If you synced to someone else's iTunes account to get some music from them, you're not supposed to be able to transfer that to your own Mac, since you didn't purchase it yourself.

If you search for iphone transfer music to computer using your favorite search engine you will find some options, for not much money.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 3 of 10 (2,766 Views)
Tutor

[ Edited ]

The music sync is one way - computer to iphone. The exception is itunes purchases. Authorize/sign into your account on your computer, do not sync, click File>Transfer Purchases. [3rd party link removed per Guidelines]

Message 4 of 10 (2,740 Views)
Master

Search google. If you have the music on another computer, search ilounge.com for instructions on how to transfer you iTunes library from one computer to another.

Also, if your iPhone is plugged in to iTunes, you can play music from it through our Mac.

For service or support questions including existing order status, call:
Customer Support: 1-800-331-0500

Information on iPhone unlocking can be found here by copying this link into your browser:
https://www.att.com/deviceunlock/client/en_US/
Message 5 of 10 (2,731 Views)
Tutor

Officially you can only transfer music that you used your iPhone to purchase, from your iPhone to your PC, so you can back it up.
That said if you use google to search I'm sure you will find a program that will reveal the files on your phone and enable you to transfer - I've never needed to use one so have no recommendations, but it is possible with the right software.
Message 6 of 10 (2,644 Views)
Master

[ Edited ]
Message 7 of 10 (2,096 Views)
Mentor

You will be able to import the purchased via the iTunes Store songs from your iPhone to your iTunes on your Mac via the "Transfer purchases" function.

If you are trying to transfer non-purchased music from your iPhone to your iTunes - this is not very straight-forward as you would need to use other non-Apple methods. deTune, xPort, Senuti are all freeware applications which can help you transfer songs from your iPhone to your Mac iTunes.

Message 8 of 10 (1,994 Views)
Contributor

I found another similar thread on Apple discussion with solution, you may take a look to see if it helps.
https://discussions.apple.com/message/24579518#24579518
Message 9 of 10 (710 Views)

Congratulations!  You just responded to a question that is 2 1/2 years old!  I doubt that the OP is still interested...he/she has an Android now.  Smiley Very Happy

Message 10 of 10 (671 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.