How to go about upgrading from 4S to 5S?

Contributor

How to go about upgrading from 4S to 5S?

Hey all. I have a 4S, eligible for an upgrade, an I use ATT.

My dad is the account holder if Im not mistaken, however, him, my mother and I are all in the plan.
How do I go about upgrading?

Id really like to get the phone on launch and someone wrote that they verify the acc holder? Except Ill be paying the money for the phone.

Would my dads SS work or is it required for them to call or contact the acc owner? My dad will be at work so obv this would t be ideal, and I definitely dont want to wait until hes free.

Can someone explain standard procedure?

I plan on trading in my 4S, has anyone traded in a prev iPhone, how does that work?

Thanks ahead of time.
Message 1 of 2 (776 Views)
Highlighted
ACE - Expert

Re: How to go about upgrading from 4S to 5S?

You would have to be listed as an authorized person on the account, not just on the account. The primary can list the people that are allowed to make upgrades and plan changes. If you are listed that way, you can do the upgrade. If not, you will need your father or whoever is listed as the authorized person to make the upgrade.
This is a user to user forum. I am a user, just like almost everyone else on the site.
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 2 of 2 (721 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.