Helpful Links

How to get a SIM for trip to the US?

Contributor

How to get a SIM for trip to the US?

Hi, I'm from Europe and using my mobile phone with the european SIM in the US would be ridiculous expensive. So I need a AT&T SIM (for a GOPhone Account) for my phone. How could I get one? How much would it be? I would like to use it only for voice calls and only for about three weeks - that way no other plan would work. Advice would be great! c u Crisb
Message 1 of 4
ACE - Professor

Re: How to get a SIM for trip to the US?

If it is just for voice call only, go to any Walmart, Best Buy,Walgreens,CVS etc etc,when you're in US

Buy a Gophone kit with a US band cell phone in it,and active it.

I don't know what kind of EU phone you have.But the reception will be much better than your one from EU.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 2 of 4
Master

This would be a significantly cheaper alternative, especially since you're not wanting to use data and text messaging! You just want to make sure that your phone is unlocked to use internationally.

You could purchase a SIM either from an AT&T store or even eBay or Amazon. They're cheap online - no more than $4.00 USD, usually.

Good luck!

Cat Happy Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010 Cat Happy

Message 3 of 4
Highlighted
ACE - Professor

Hi Wild Banchi,

We forgot to tell all our friends that most Sim cards on sell for AT&T,most US carrier & most Canadian one  at eBay or Amazon are new ,non active cards!!They got no credit inside,you cannot use it right away when you arrive in US.

They need to active it in AT&T store,with personal info. and money of course Smiley LOL Unless they have a US credit card,than they can try and active it online.

Cheers Smiley Happy

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 4 of 4
Share this topic
Announcements

Learn how connect your AT&T holiday gifts at Unwrapped on Wednesday, 12/27 (1-4pm ET)!

Is the iPhone X worth it? Find out why it totally is!

Find out how to track your iPhone's delivery!

Additional Support