How to download a video from my LG Xpression to the computer? Please read the whole question

How to download a video from my LG Xpression to the computer? Please read the whole question

[ Edited ]

Hello everyone.  I have an LG Xpression and I do not have a memory card for it anymore.  I connected the phone to the computer with the USB cable and it asks me for a USB connection type: Music Sync, Mass Storage, or Data Service.  When I do not select any of them, it just shows that it is charging the phone.  The computer does not detect that the phone is connected.  I have a video on the phone that I would like to download to the computer, but I would like to know how to get the phone to be detected by the computer. When I had a memory card in this phone, everything was fine.

Message 1 of 9 (2,261 Views)
Community Manager

Re: How to download a video from my LG Xpression to the computer? Please read the whole question

Hello, callie.crk.kuczek!

Thanks for your post! I'm sorry to hear that you're having difficulty downloading a video from your device to your computer.

Have you considered replacing the memory card with a new one? If that's not an option, feel free to send us a message by clicking here so we can get you in touch with a tech support expert. I've also checked LG's website for product support, but couldn't find anything to help.

In your message, please provide your name, phone number, email address, and the best time to reach you. You can expect a reply within two business days, so keep an eye on the little blue envelope icon in the top right corner of your screen.

In the meantime, feel free to message me with any additional questions or concerns!

-Mariana

Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 2 of 9 (2,176 Views)
Master

Re: How to download a video from my LG Xpression to the computer? Please read the whole question

Try this. From your phone's screen..,

1) Go to Menu
2) Go to Tools
3) Go to USB Mass Storage

"This will allow your computer to recognize your phone/card and will open it. I highly recommend transferring all your photos and video to your card instead of your phone memory. This is how you transfer it from your phone to your card (if you get a new one):

1) Go to Menu
2) Go to Settings
3) Go to Memory

From here you can gain access to what is on your phone memory and your card memory. From this you can edit where you want to save your pics/videos/sounds to (either phone or card memory) and transfer your media files from your phone to your card or vice versa."

http://www.fixya.com/support/t181239-lg_env_vx9900_transfer_pictures_using

Cat Happy Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010 Cat Happy

Message 3 of 9 (2,167 Views)

Hello ATTMarianaCM and thank you for replying to my post.  I know that this problem can easily be solved with buying a replacement memory card.  I have not had the time, recently, to go to an AT&T store and buy one, which I plan on doing very soon, hopefully, this weekend.  With previous phones, I have been able to download media from the phone memory itself to the computer without a problem.  However, with the LG Xpression, it appears that, perhaps it is not designed to download content from the device to the computer without a memory card being in there.  That is just a guess on my part.

Message 4 of 9 (2,125 Views)

[ Edited ]

Thank you for the information, WildBanchi.  I do not currently have a memory card, but I am looking at going and buying one this weekend.  I know this problem can be solved by getting a replacement memory card. I just want to know how to retrieve the content on my phone memory while it's connected to the computer and while I do not have a memory card installed in the phone.

Message 5 of 9 (2,124 Views)
Highlighted
Expert

callie.crk.kuczek wrote:

Hello ATTMarianaCM and thank you for replying to my post.  I know that this problem can easily be solved with buying a replacement memory card.  I have not had the time, recently, to go to an AT&T store and buy one, which I plan on doing very soon, hopefully, this weekend.  With previous phones, I have been able to download media from the phone memory itself to the computer without a problem.  However, with the LG Xpression, it appears that, perhaps it is not designed to download content from the device to the computer without a memory card being in there.  That is just a guess on my part.

suggestion - go to Best Buy or a big box store like that, they will be cheaper

Message 6 of 9 (2,118 Views)
Master

[ Edited ]

callie.crk.kuczek wrote:

Thank you for the information, WildBanchi.  I do not currently have a memory card, but I am looking at going and buying one this weekend.  I know this problem can be solved by getting a replacement memory card. I just want to know how to retrieve the content on my phone memory while it's connected to the computer and while I do not have a memory card installed in the phone.

You're welcome. I'm aware of what you are trying to do (access the video from the phone without a memory card). I was just quoting a post that I found at the link I provided. Personally I would hook the phone up to your computer via USB and follow the first three steps to see if the computer recognizes the phone so that you might be able to access it. In your original post you mentioned doing this process but I don't think you included selecting USB Mass Storage - just that the phone was charging when you hooked it up. Unless it just didn't show up due to the lack of a memory card. 

Simply disregard the bottom portion of my post above. That only applies if you have a memory card, which is okay that you do not at the moment. 

Message 7 of 9 (2,102 Views)

Hello.  I purchased a memory card for my phone today and I now have the phone hooked up to the computer. Now the computer is not showing the phone as connected.  I have Mass Storage selected.

Message 8 of 9 (2,052 Views)
Master

Hmmm... I'm out of ideas. Try powering down both your phone and computer and re-synching. If the phone is still not being recognized, perhaps someone else can point you in the right direction.

Message 9 of 9 (2,012 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.