How to disable store demo on Samsung Focus 2?

Contributor

How to disable store demo on Samsung Focus 2?

Hello!

I bought on ebay smartphone Samsung Focus 2 (sgh-i667) from a private seller. I am not a resident of the U.S., so at my request, the seller unlocked the phone to all carriers.
Also, the phone has store demo settings of AT&T and I want to turn it off. There is no service of your company in my country, so I can not contact an authorized service AT & T. Is there a way to turn off the store demo by myself?

Message 1 of 5
ACE - Professor

Re: How to disable store demo on Samsung Focus 2?

Lutger wrote:

Hello!

I bought on ebay smartphone Samsung Focus 2 (sgh-i667) from a private seller. I am not a resident of the U.S., so at my request, the seller unlocked the phone to all carriers.
Also, the phone has store demo settings of AT&T and I want to turn it off. There is no service of your company in my country, so I can not contact an authorized service AT & T. Is there a way to turn off the store demo by myself?

What is a "store demo"? If it's a tile, you can uninstall the app/tile. In fact, you can unpin/uninstall any app, even those from AT&T, using standard windows phone actions.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 2 of 5
Community Manager

Are you saying you have a store demo loop playing on your phone?

Dmitriy

Rethink Possible

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions: Learn More.

Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 3 of 5
Contributor

Yes, I can uninstall. But every day at 12 am the phone is restore demo mode.

When demo content installed, demo contacts, facebook and hotmail accounts, text massages are loaded. And when I connect charger, starts video with Windows Phone 7 features. There is a short video with demo mode http://youtu.be/24pvFQssP68

I think I must to flash my device to original firmware. But i don't know how I can do it. Now my version is 7.10.8112.7 When I tried to update my devise via Zune, I've just got an 80070002 error.

Message 4 of 5
Highlighted
ACE - Professor

Yep, looks like someone sold you a demo phone.

I have no idea how you'd recover from this. You might want to follow the xda flashing instructions to get a clean "custom" 7.8 rom

http://www.wpcentral.com/samsung-focus-gets-new-custom-rom-windows-phone-78-bits

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 5 of 5
You must type a description before you click preview or reply.
Share this topic
Announcements

Are you looking to upgrade and activate your device?

Let us help make Ordering, Upgrading and Activating easy!

Additional Support