How to disable store demo on Samsung Focus 2?

Contributor

How to disable store demo on Samsung Focus 2?

Hello!

I bought on ebay smartphone Samsung Focus 2 (sgh-i667) from a private seller. I am not a resident of the U.S., so at my request, the seller unlocked the phone to all carriers.
Also, the phone has store demo settings of AT&T and I want to turn it off. There is no service of your company in my country, so I can not contact an authorized service AT & T. Is there a way to turn off the store demo by myself?

Message 1 of 5
ACE - Professor

Re: How to disable store demo on Samsung Focus 2?

Lutger wrote:

Hello!

I bought on ebay smartphone Samsung Focus 2 (sgh-i667) from a private seller. I am not a resident of the U.S., so at my request, the seller unlocked the phone to all carriers.
Also, the phone has store demo settings of AT&T and I want to turn it off. There is no service of your company in my country, so I can not contact an authorized service AT & T. Is there a way to turn off the store demo by myself?

What is a "store demo"? If it's a tile, you can uninstall the app/tile. In fact, you can unpin/uninstall any app, even those from AT&T, using standard windows phone actions.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 2 of 5
Community Manager

Are you saying you have a store demo loop playing on your phone?

Dmitriy

Rethink Possible

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions: Learn More.

Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 3 of 5
Contributor

Yes, I can uninstall. But every day at 12 am the phone is restore demo mode.

When demo content installed, demo contacts, facebook and hotmail accounts, text massages are loaded. And when I connect charger, starts video with Windows Phone 7 features. There is a short video with demo mode http://youtu.be/24pvFQssP68

I think I must to flash my device to original firmware. But i don't know how I can do it. Now my version is 7.10.8112.7 When I tried to update my devise via Zune, I've just got an 80070002 error.

Message 4 of 5
Highlighted
ACE - Professor

Yep, looks like someone sold you a demo phone.

I have no idea how you'd recover from this. You might want to follow the xda flashing instructions to get a clean "custom" 7.8 rom

http://www.wpcentral.com/samsung-focus-gets-new-custom-rom-windows-phone-78-bits

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 5 of 5
You must type a description before you click preview or reply.
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.

Additional Support