How to disable Push To Talk feature on a Samsung Rugby II?

Scholar

How to disable Push To Talk feature on a Samsung Rugby II?

Hello everyone.  My grandparents have a Samsung Rugby II.  Every time they are on the phone, one of them will accidentally press the Push To Talk button and it will ask them if they want to use the Push To Talk service and it warns them they will get charged if they do.  Is there a way to disable Push To Talk on this phone?  If so, how?

Message 1 of 6 (2,617 Views)
ACE - Expert

Re: How to disable Push To Talk feature on a Samsung Rugby II?

Nope. the only way to disable the button is to glue it so it can't be pushed. I had one. No way to disable.
This is a user to user forum. I am a user, just like almost everyone else on the site.
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 2 of 6 (2,607 Views)
Highlighted
Scholar

Hello kdfederer.  Thank you for the information and I will pass it along to them.

Message 3 of 6 (2,551 Views)
Contributor

There are some videos on youtube showing how to take they button out and remove a plug of plastic  underneath which stops it ptt.

Message 4 of 6 (879 Views)
Contributor

I got my company phone and started digging into what can be done. Here is the soluton (Kyocera  E65560 with Android 4.4.2) I'm pretty sure it works on most model as well!

Step by step:

1 go to apps > settings

2 on the list select programmable key

3 select do nothing

from now on the push button no longer will start the app! (You can assign anything to it if you want to from the list)

B3L4

Message 5 of 6 (329 Views)
Contributor

I got my company phone and started digging into what can be done. Here is the soluton (Kyocera  E65560 with Android 4.4.2) I'm pretty sure it works on most model as well!

Step by step:

1 go to apps > settings

2 on the list select programmable key

3 select do nothing

from now on the push button no longer will start the app! (You can assign anything to it if you want to from the list)

Message 6 of 6 (327 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.