How to delete all contacts in iPhone 3G?

Tutor

How to delete all contacts in iPhone 3G?

How to delete all contacts in iPhone 3G? Is the only way to do it is to delete contacts individually?
Message 1 of 14 (72,740 Views)
Contributor

Re: How to delete all contacts in iPhone 3G?

On your iPhone go to Settings > Mail, Contacts, Calendars.

Select your MobileMe account.

Turn Contacts off for over the air syncing. This will erase all contacts from your iPhone.

Wait a minute or two followed by turning Contacts back on.

Worked for me

-Gabe

Message 2 of 14 (72,571 Views)
Contributor

Hi, I am trying to delete all of my iPhone contacts, but I have not synced them to Exchange or the iCloud. Is there another way to delete them. I tried doing that on my iphone but it allows me to delete one-by-one I have 340! Thanks for your kind attention. Smiley Happy

Message 3 of 14 (56,394 Views)
Expert

Flankey wrote:

Hi, I am trying to delete all of my iPhone contacts, but I have not synced them to Exchange or the iCloud. Is there another way to delete them. I tried doing that on my iphone but it allows me to delete one-by-one I have 340! Thanks for your kind attention. Smiley Happy

If you want to get rid of everything just do a factory reset

Message 4 of 14 (56,388 Views)
Scholar

wingrider01 wrote:

Flankey wrote:

If you want to get rid of everything just do a factory reset

Home>Settings>general>reset>erase all content and settings. This will take it back to the out of the box settings. 

Message 5 of 14 (56,379 Views)
Highlighted
ACE - Master

Flankey wrote:

Even if you've never synced to another device, you should still see an account that your contacts are under in Settings/Mail, Contacts, Calendars. Select that account and turn Contacts off and as a previous post suggested, wait a couple minutes before turning Contacts back on. Since your contacts are only stored on the iphone, I'm not sure if turning contacts off/on will get rid of them. If not, the only way to delete all the contacts may to delete the account which will also get rid of any email, calendar entries, reminders or notes associated with that account. Once you delete the account, you can then re-create it but again, you may not be able to get other items back.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 6 of 14 (56,374 Views)
Mentor

Either reset your device as advised by other users, or - if you do not wish to reset all iPhone settings - use third party tool to delete the contacts. Here is more about how to delete all iphone contacts one by one or all at once.

Message 7 of 14 (56,179 Views)
Contributor

Hello, thank you all for your reply. I found kPaks answer useful. I have deleted my iphone contacts without resetting my iphone settings or deleting any additinoal data from my phone Smiley Happy

Message 8 of 14 (56,152 Views)
Contributor

[ Edited ]

kPaks wrote:

Either reset your device as advised by other users, or - if you do not wish to reset all iPhone settings - use third party tool to delete the contacts. Here is more about how to delete all iphone contacts one by one or all at once.

If you are syncing through mobile me and you want to remove all the contacts from the iphone, here are a couple of steps that might help out.

Go to settings > mail, contacts, calendars > mobile me account.
In here you can turn contact syncing off.
If this is on and you turn it off, it will remove all contacts from the iphone.
If this is off and you turn it on, it will remove any contacts from the iphone and sync what is out on your mobile me account.

Hope this helps.

Message 9 of 14 (53,106 Views)
Contributor

Hi I managed to delete all my contacts form my old 3GS using kPaks' advice. However, I still have my iPhone contacts in my iCloud account. How can I delete all contacts from my iCloud at once too?
Message 10 of 14 (52,854 Views)
Mentor

Just log in to your iCloud account via your computer - (i.e. via your web-browser). Next click on "Contacts". Select all your iCloud contacts by clicking CTRL + A, right-click the selection and select "Delete".

Message 11 of 14 (52,302 Views)
Contributor

Thanks, sorry for the late reply. all set now.

I deleted my iphone contacts and removed them from my icloud account too as they kept popping up on my new iphone where I use the same icloud account.

Anyways - all has been resolved since some time now.
Message 12 of 14 (40,565 Views)
Contributor

Does the method suggested by kPaks work for iOS 7?

Message 13 of 14 (28,210 Views)
Contributor

Yep, it does. Smiley Wink

Message 14 of 14 (27,621 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.