How to contact President or VP? Service was unfairly suspended!

Tutor

How to contact President or VP? Service was unfairly suspended!

Has anyone else gotten the runaround from a C.S. Supervisor on the phone that they don't have a number to contact administration?  That's baloney.  To make a long story short, my phone was disconnected today for past due bill, no fault of my own, 'cause I never got a bill!  I use online bill pay and hadnt realized my regular paper bills had stopped arriving for a couple of months until I started receiving computer-generated calls from AT&T.  Then when I tried to return the call, all they seem to be worried about is my verifying who I am by giving my SS#, but I refuse to give that over the phone.  I spoke with the last manager for about an hour and he knew full well I would pay my bill as soon as I got one, but because I never gave him my social, I guess he couldn't extend the date for my service to be cut off.  They think their policy is comforting to us in terms of security, but it's exactly the opposite.  I need to speak to a President or VP about this immediately!  Can anyone help? Thanks.

Ron 

Message 1 of 11 (9,927 Views)
Expert

Re: How to contact President or VP? Service was unfairly suspended!

ronzoni1 wrote:

Has anyone else gotten the runaround from a C.S. Supervisor on the phone that they don't have a number to contact administration?  That's baloney.  To make a long story short, my phone was disconnected today for past due bill, no fault of my own, 'cause I never got a bill!  I use online bill pay and hadnt realized my regular paper bills had stopped arriving for a couple of months until I started receiving computer-generated calls from AT&T.  Then when I tried to return the call, all they seem to be worried about is my verifying who I am by giving my SS#, but I refuse to give that over the phone.  I spoke with the last manager for about an hour and he knew full well I would pay my bill as soon as I got one, but because I never gave him my social, I guess he couldn't extend the date for my service to be cut off.  They think their policy is comforting to us in terms of security, but it's exactly the opposite.  I need to speak to a President or VP about this immediately!  Can anyone help? Thanks.

Ron 

let me get this straight - you have not recieved a paper bill for months and you never questioned it? Would have thought that you would have bene on the phone to them after the first bill did not arrive, at least I would have been.

Message 2 of 11 (9,893 Views)
Highlighted
Professor

ronzoni1 wrote:

Ron 

Even if your services were active and up todate an no issues, you still hve to give  your SS# as a means of identifaciton when calling 800#  Otherwise they won't assist you.   As far as not receiving a bill, you should  be able to have seen your current amoutn due online with a due date.  If I where you, Id go ahead , speak with the billing department, get the bill paid and back on track. Best to just get it resoved.

Message 3 of 11 (9,889 Views)
Tutor

[ Edited ]

It just slipped by me for two months because I knew I had plenty of minutes left so I didn't have to check my account online; I usually pay all my monthly bills at once and I forgot that was missing from the stack the last two months--doesn't that make sense?

UPDATE:  My service is back up and running after I paid the past due amount by credit card today.  It seems you don't have to give your SS# to make a payment, and when you do that, confirming the amount requred on your bill, you can choose a passcode to give when you call instead of your SS#.  What an adventure!  I found the corporate phone in Dallas is {Personal content removed for safety}, but the receptionist transferred m first to Iowa, then Tennessee, and finally a supervisor in Arkansas was able to help me!

Message 4 of 11 (9,882 Views)
Professor

Ronzoni! (like that screen name), that is great! Feels good when things get worked out. Yes, autopay doesnt require a ss#, but when you set up a pass code, that works too, otherwise, you would have to provide ss when calling csr. Perfecto, you are back online. I have paperless billing so I dont worry about if a bill comes or not. Plus, I like logging on to give my account a lookover regularly. Im smiling for you!
Message 5 of 11 (9,880 Views)

[ Edited ]

The PO does respond to concerns.

{Personal content removed}

Message 6 of 11 (9,470 Views)
Scholar

JUST HEADS UP when they ask for your .last 4 of your ssn ..... they already have it they need you to verify who they are speaking with. lol and getting shut off for nonpay is totally your responsibility. do you ever forget to pay your rent? your tv? im sure if bills stopped you would insure they are paid so you wont get evicted or tv shut off

I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s positions, strategies or opinions.
Message 7 of 11 (9,442 Views)
Scholar

[ Edited ]

also contacting a vp or president of national company?  you need to pay your bill pay the 40.00 restoral fee. fyi i dont work for at&t any longer

[Edited to comply with Guidelines]

I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s positions, strategies or opinions.
Message 8 of 11 (9,440 Views)
Contributor

[ Edited ]

[edited for privacy – please do not post personal information]

If you're interested, here is my horror story with AT&T customer service:

Good afternoon Mr. Stephenson,

I'm writing to let you know that the bulk sales department for AT&T in Florida is not competent.  I have been working with them for approximately 4 months and the problems have not been resolved.

I am in business with 400+ employees and I deal with customer service problems everyday.  Let me assure you that if I ignored my customer's problems for months on end, I would be put out of business in weeks!

I purchased a condo in a building that is under contract with AT&T.  Due to the lack of customer service from AT&T my property managers have informed me that they are trying to break this contract. 

As a unit owner, I am the unfortunate victim.  I have been trying to get BASIC DSL and BASIC telephone service installed in my unit for over 4 months and as of today I still do not have service.

After many, many hours on the phone, here is what I've been able to establish as the reason why:

There is a dispute between AT&T bulk sales department and my property management company regarding BASIC telephone service.  My property manager says that we get BASIC phone service included in our condo fee and AT&T says that we do not.  AT&T has agreed that basic DSL service is provided free of charge to me because it is included in my condo fee.

As you know, the contract between the condominium building where I purchased a unit and AT&T bulk sales is beyond my control and influence.

As a person who bought a condo in this building, I am subject to this dispute which remains unresolved.

I am writing to let you know, that me and everyone that I know, or will ever meet for the rest of my life, REFUSE to do business with AT&T unless there is no other choice.  For example, I have no choice but to deal with AT&T because of the building where my condo is located.

From one executive to another, please take note of my situation.  Your company is losing business due to extremely poor customer service.  Try doing a Google search for "at&t sucks".  You might be surprised at the volume of content you find.  I am not alone.

Due to the size of AT&T, you remain in business despite a huge hatred for your company amongst the American population.  I will be contacting my local government as well as any other executives with AT&T that I can locate email addresses to share my story.  I've posted my experiences online and will continue to warn people about AT&T.

Message 9 of 11 (8,648 Views)
Contributor

I would like his number as well.   I submitted this to my recent customer survey....

I have spent over 12 hours on hold, time off work, treated VERY poorly  and of phone tag with AT&T employees to BUY a service from your company... As a business customer and a "regular" customer for over 12 years, this is the most outrageous treatment I've received (from any company). I do not want to speak to any more customer care "managers" and would like to request the owner himself sit through the calls, including hold periods, to know what it is like to be a customer of AT&T. This is very disappointing and would like to cancel my U-Verse request and be released from my cell phone contract. In addition, I never want ANYBODY to show up at my house unannounced at 7:30 (when the sun is down), and scare my family.  We could not see any company logo and he walked around the yard... my kids were frightened and my husband and I were panicked and hid in the safe room. As he was pulling out of the drive way, we walked outside to get the licence plate number and could finally see the AT&T logo... we decided not to call 911 at that time. If the president of AT&T or anybody in charge truly cares about their customers, then he would make sure this never happened.  Not even the managers at the call centers cared.  So sad by this experience and would like to cancel all services. I hope you handle this like professionals and at least call this time before disconnecting. 
Message 10 of 11 (7,951 Views)
Community Manager

Hello, tehbroly!

I'm sorry to hear that you were frightened when you saw the technician pull up. If there's anything we can do, please send us a private message by clicking here.

Please include your name, phone number, email address, and the best time to reach you. You can expect a response within two business days, so please keep an eye on the little blue envelope icon in the top right corner of your screen.

In the meantime, please feel free to message me with any questions or concerns!

-Mariana

Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 11 of 11 (7,839 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.