How to activate a gophone?

Contributor

How to activate a gophone?

[ Edited ]

Whenever I tried to call 611, it tells me that my account balance is at $0.00 and that I have to go to att.com/gophone , whenever I go there, it tells me to log in,  I do not have an account nor can I sign up for one seeing as my phone is off. What should I do?

Message 1 of 6 (2,126 Views)
ACE - Professor

Re: how do i get my phone turned back on if no phone and there's no email address to contact?

brittsayshai wrote:

Lukear9 wrote:

Hey there jlbuxton1983, my apologies to hear about your phone suspension.  Could you please contact us by calling 611 from your wireless phone and follow the prompts to get in touch with one of our Customer Service Agents, and yes you can still call us with your phone suspended for non payment.  Thank you! Smiley Happy

Whenever I tried to call 611, it tells me that my account balance is at $0.00 and that I have to go to att.com/gophone , whenever I go there, it tells me to log in,  I do not have an account nor can I sign up for one seeing as my phone is off. What should I do?

I would go to an AT&T store and refill your account using the kiosk there. Then come home and set up your online account so it's ready for the next time!

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 2 of 6 (2,098 Views)
Community Manager

Re: How to activate a gophone?

Hello @brittsayshai 

If you don't have an account, you will need to get a new SIM card and a phone number, it's easiest and quickest to visit the corporate store.

Thanks,

Dmitriy

Rethink Possible

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions: Learn More.

Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 3 of 6 (2,073 Views)
Master

You may also activate a new account online here, provided that you have an unactivated SIM card and a phone that are ready to go:
https://www.wireless.att.com/GoPhoneWeb/goPhoneLanding.do?method=activatePayGo

I have personally activated 3-4 SIM cards/accounts using this method and it has worked flawlessly every time. I would strongly recommend completing the online activation process if visiting an AT&T corporate store is inconvenient for you. Either method will get the job done.

Cat Happy Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010 Cat Happy

Message 4 of 6 (2,034 Views)
Highlighted
Master

Wild Banchi wrote:
You may also activate a new account online here, provided that you have an unactivated SIM card and a phone that are ready to go:

I have personally activated 3-4 SIM cards/accounts using this method and it has worked flawlessly every time. I would strongly recommend completing the online activation process if visiting an AT&T corporate store is inconvenient for you. Either method will get the job done.

Activating online worked for me as the attempt to activate through the phone itself was failing. 

Probably from mobile, maybe. Smiley Happy
Message 5 of 6 (1,945 Views)
Master

Ann154 wrote:

Wild Banchi wrote:

Activating online worked for me as the attempt to activate through the phone itself was failing. 

Wasn't so bad, was it? Smiley Happy

Cat Happy Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010 Cat Happy

Message 6 of 6 (1,917 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.