Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Sep 21, 2012
7:58:28 PM
View profile
How much would it cost to start a new 2year contract with AT&T?

I am wondering how much it would range for me to start a contract with AT&T? I am 18 and have no credit history.. how much would my deposit range from? I want the new iPhone 5 and At&t seems to be my best bet. Any help is much appreciated thanks.

I am wondering how much it would range for me to start a contract with AT&T? I am 18 and have no credit history.. how much would my deposit range from? I want the new iPhone 5 and At&t seems to be my best bet. Any help is much appreciated thanks.

How much would it cost to start a new 2year contract with AT&T?

5 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(5)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 22, 2012 4:14:28 AM
(0)
ACE - Professor
Deposit can up to $750. Most of the time, from what I've heard, those with NO credit history have to pay at least $500. Only way to know for sure is to apply and see what they say. If the deposit is more than you want to pay, you can just walk away. Best case scenario, your deposit is affordable and you walk away with an iphone!
Deposit can up to $750. Most of the time, from what I've heard, those with NO credit history have to pay at least $500. Only way to know for sure is to apply and see what they say. If the deposit is more than you want to pay, you can just walk away. Best case scenario, your deposit is affordable and you walk away with an iphone!
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: How much would it cost to start a new 2year contract with AT&T?

2 of 6 (58,538 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 23, 2012 12:25:26 AM
(0)
Scholar

First off, I would get a credit card or two to build your credit. You don't even have to use them; you can cut them up if you like. This will help build credit.

That said, from my friend who didn't have credit they had to pay a $500 deposit which they got back after a year.

If you don't sign a contract and pay for the device outright (that's $650 for 16GB), you don't have to pay for a deposit. This is something to consider.

-= ranron =-
Silver iPhone 5s - AT&T / 450 Rollover Minutes + 200 Bonus Minutes / Unlimited Int'l Data / 50 Roaming Messages / WorldTraveler / WorldConnect
Gray iPhone 5s - China Mobile / 1200 Minutes / 3GB data

[Note: I am not affiliated with AT&T]

First off, I would get a credit card or two to build your credit. You don't even have to use them; you can cut them up if you like. This will help build credit.

That said, from my friend who didn't have credit they had to pay a $500 deposit which they got back after a year.

If you don't sign a contract and pay for the device outright (that's $650 for 16GB), you don't have to pay for a deposit. This is something to consider.

3 of 6 (58,490 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 20, 2013 12:11:01 AM
(0)
Contributor

i already have an iphone 4s my friend has given me, could i start up service on that phone without having to sign a contract, pay a deposit fee, and or buy a new phone?

i already have an iphone 4s my friend has given me, could i start up service on that phone without having to sign a contract, pay a deposit fee, and or buy a new phone?

4 of 6 (40,029 Views)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 20, 2013 5:39:07 AM
(0)
Expert

xMOMANx wrote:

contract no, security deposit depends on your credit rating, little, no or bad credit will always trigger a security deposit

xMOMANx wrote:

contract no, security deposit depends on your credit rating, little, no or bad credit will always trigger a security deposit

5 of 6 (40,007 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 20, 2013 1:28:16 PM
(0)
ACE - Professor

xMOMANx wrote:

Personally, if you already have a phone you want to use, I'd recommend a Go-Phone plan. Much better value for your money, in my eyes.

xMOMANx wrote:

Personally, if you already have a phone you want to use, I'd recommend a Go-Phone plan. Much better value for your money, in my eyes.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

6 of 6 (39,961 Views)