How hard would be for ATT to roll over data usage?

How hard would be for ATT to roll over data usage?

ATT offerss to roll over your unused mijutes so why cant they do the same for data usage?

I only have 200mb.... all I can afford at the moment... so I have to shut off celular sometimes to prevent

going over. I have WifI where I work so I can access the internet during the weekday.

Some months I just amke it, some I go over [ another $15 fee for a few mb of data : ( ] and some I still have 10 or 20 mb left. I could really use that extra but ATT has to take it away.

Seemss they could roll it over with a few sofwtare updates so why wont they?

Message 1 of 7 (477 Views)
ACE - Expert

Re: How hard would be for ATT to roll over data usage?

AT&T no longer offers new customers with plans with rollover minutes. All the plans now include unlimited calling minutes and texting and variable data amounts, from 300mb to 10gb. Only the legacy plans, that are no longer available, have rollover minutes
This is a user to user forum. I am a user, just like almost everyone else on the site.
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 2 of 7 (456 Views)
Employee

[ Edited ]

There's 3 reasons I suspect it won't happen soon.

1) Rollover minutes were marketable as a humanitarian thing. If you had an emergency, you could keep in touch with your in-laws/family ect. Data not so much. Emails dont use enough internet to have to make you worry, and the stuff that does use a lot, is entertainment.

2) There were fewer ways of keeping track/managing your voice, Time-of-Day restrictions via Smart limits, *646# and website . . . and that's really it. Compared to data, You have similar options, + capping options via smart limits, Free wifi, Temp-Data-Blocks, 3rd party data tracking apps.

3) Data is just plain more expensive than minutes bandwidth wise, and has a more potential for abuse.

-Alex

Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 3 of 7 (450 Views)
Highlighted
ACE - Professor

scooterspal wrote:

ATT offerss to roll over your unused mijutes so why cant they do the same for data usage?

I only have 200mb.... all I can afford at the moment... so I have to shut off celular sometimes to prevent

going over. I have WifI where I work so I can access the internet during the weekday.

Some months I just amke it, some I go over [ another $15 fee for a few mb of data : ( ] and some I still have 10 or 20 mb left. I could really use that extra but ATT has to take it away.

Seemss they could roll it over with a few sofwtare updates so why wont they?

It wouldn't be difficult at all. 

However, it would cut into AT&T's profits, so it's not likely to happen.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 4 of 7 (445 Views)

Alex wrote:

3) Data is just plain more expensive than minutes bandwidth wise, and has a more potential for abuse.

Well, I did pay for the 200mb so all I'm asking is that I be allowed to keep it. That would seem fair enough would it not?

Message 5 of 7 (438 Views)

Thanks but this does not answer my question.
Message 6 of 7 (437 Views)
Expert

scooterspal wrote:
Thanks but this does not answer my question.

Probably because no one that frequents the forum can?

Message 7 of 7 (415 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.