How does everyone like iOS7?

Employee

How does everyone like iOS7?

Maybe it's just me, but I thought it was going to be awesome.  I'm not diggin' the color schemes at all. (That's a minor irrelevant thing, I know.)  And my iPad actually started acting weird after it was installed.  It was a bit slower (it's not my internet connection, that's just fine) and on occasion I have to touch the same thing multiple times before it would open or go where it's supposed to go.

It changed the camera as well, and seemed to eliminate some of the options. I actually find it more difficult to navigate through the iPad now.  Smiley Sad

Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 1 of 20 (1,047 Views)
Expert

Re: How does everyone like iOS7?

OhItsIta wrote:

Maybe it's just me, but I thought it was going to be awesome.  I'm not diggin' the color schemes at all. (That's a minor irrelevant thing, I know.)  And my iPad actually started acting weird after it was installed.  It was a bit slower (it's not my internet connection, that's just fine) and on occasion I have to touch the same thing multiple times before it would open or go where it's supposed to go.

It changed the camera as well, and seemed to eliminate some of the options. I actually find it more difficult to navigate through the iPad now.  Smiley Sad

only updated my ipad to IOS 7, since there was no authorized method of returning to the previous version I replaced the ipad with a MS Surface Pro

Message 2 of 20 (1,028 Views)
Employee

I got this without the contract so I ended up paying full price for it, so I can't really just switch without injuring my wallet right now.  I'm kind of regretting not going with my first choice of the Asus Vivo.  That seems more user-friendly...

I've been looking on-line for a way to possibly reverse the installation, but alas, it has been to no avail...

Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 3 of 20 (1,024 Views)
Teacher

I'm not all that fond of it either. It seems to have bogged my system down honestly. My biggest gripe is the swipe up menu which has your utilities and other little goodies stored conveniently, but it's too much of a hassle. If I'm texting, on Facebook general movement around the screen completely halting what you are doing to slide it back down. Strikes me as odd in all Apple's research and studies this wasn't picked up on as, possible pain in the butt. 

Just my opinion, but definite room for improvement.

Message 4 of 20 (1,002 Views)
Master

Works great on my iPhone 5 and iPad 4 but wish they would have given another color for notes background or tone the white down.

Message 5 of 20 (987 Views)
ACE - Master

I've not had any major issues on any of my devices running iOS 7.0.2 (iPhone 4 - unlocked AT&T, iPhone 5 - Locaked AT&T, iPad 2 - wifi only).  For a while I was fighting with the iMessage bug issue, but I've been over a week with that working properly now.  Other than that, it did take me a while to get used to most of the changes, but I started using it as soon as I could, so I had the betas on my iPhone 4, and when I got the GM a week before the public release, I loaded it on my iPad 2, so I had about a week head start with it to get used to it a little better.

The one thing I have noticed is that performing any updates OTA does tend to cause the battery to drain faster than normal after teh update is installed.  Generally performing a "Network Settings" reset, followed by a forced restart of the iPhone usually resolves that.  Of course, updatign through iTunes doesn't seem to have that problem either.  In fact, it was a restore through iTunes that I used to resolve the iMessage bug for me.

Jerry B.
"GeekBoy"

--

For additional help, please send a PM to ATTCustomerCare.
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 6 of 20 (970 Views)
Expert

[ Edited ]

oz_1 wrote:

Works great on my iPhone 5 and iPad 4 but wish they would have given another color for notes background or tone the white down.

I gave my ipad with IOS 7 to my 12 yr old daughter so she can play Minecraft, my iphone will be kept at at the last drop of IOS 6

Message 7 of 20 (967 Views)
Master

wingrider01 wrote:

oz_1 wrote:

I gave my ipad with IOS 7 to my 12 yr old daughter so she can play Minecraft, my iphone will be kept at at the last drop of IOS 6

I bet she appreciates that.

I got a friend that hates Kit -Kat so change has hit Android and swears they copied iOS7.

I learned to adapt a long time ago with clients running OSX  10.6 - 10.8.5,Win XP,7, 8 and Ubuntu  10.04,12.04.

There all just tools use the one that either makes you the most money or gets the job done the quickest.

Message 8 of 20 (950 Views)
Professor

I really disliked the look when I first installed it on my 5, but over time I'm liking it more (or maybe just getting used to it). I really like the swipe up control center and the look of the new passcode entry screen. I had to play around with some of the settings like stopping the annoying background motion to get it to where I like. Only thing that still really bugs me is that you can't change the background colors for the folders; it seems to be fixed based on the color of the wallpaper you select and can't be changed.

After playing with it for a while, I think it's an overall positive upgrade.
Message 9 of 20 (932 Views)
Tutor

I really hated it. To me iOS has gotten stale and boring.  The update seem to have slowed my phone done a bit too.  The phone feels more and more like my kids toys. 

Exhanged my phone this weekend for the Nokia 1020.  This phone brings back the COOl Factor.

I will admit, I am also using this phone because I am using a Windows 8 at work and home now.  The 2 work awesome together.

Message 10 of 20 (923 Views)
Employee

Jolene_Kyle wrote:

I'm not all that fond of it either. It seems to have bogged my system down honestly. My biggest gripe is the swipe up menu which has your utilities and other little goodies stored conveniently, but it's too much of a hassle. If I'm texting, on Facebook general movement around the screen completely halting what you are doing to slide it back down. Strikes me as odd in all Apple's research and studies this wasn't picked up on as, possible pain in the butt. 

Just my opinion, but definite room for improvement.

I think I know what you mean with Facebook. When going through pictures on the pop-up screen, it's usually like "Lol Nope" and it's such a hassle to go to the next one, and even a pain to close out of it. I can no longer upload pictures to an album, and it doesn't let me upload videos unless they're like, 10+ minutes long. (Something with the file being too small anymore. I used to be able to upload any size.)  This is by using Safari, though. Not the application.  (I let my six year old play games on it, so I actually fear using the application because I'm sure she'll be sending everyone My Little Pony and Littlest Pet Shop invites. Lol)

Employee Contributor*
Message 11 of 20 (888 Views)
Employee

iOS7 seems to work great on all my friends' iPhones.  (I'm an Android kinda' gal when it comes to phones.)  So it's just strange that it's being funky with the iPad.  Robot Frustrated

I'm a bit relieved that it's not just me experiencing it acting all weird...  but still, it stinks.

Employee Contributor*
Message 12 of 20 (887 Views)
Tutor

Has anyone upgraded to iOS 7.0.3 yet?

Bill

Message 13 of 20 (688 Views)
ACE - Master

I loaded it on my iPhone 4, my iPad 2, and my iPhone 5.  The probelm is that I did them in that order, so my iPhone 5 didn't finish updating until about 7:45pm (just under 2 hours ago).

Jerry B.
"GeekBoy"

--

For additional help, please send a PM to ATTCustomerCare.
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 14 of 20 (676 Views)
Master

Williamt1 wrote:

Has anyone upgraded to iOS 7.0.3 yet?

Bill

Both my iPad4 and iPhone5 so far so good.

Message 15 of 20 (663 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.