Helpful Links

How does everyone like iOS7?

Employee

How does everyone like iOS7?

Maybe it's just me, but I thought it was going to be awesome.  I'm not diggin' the color schemes at all. (That's a minor irrelevant thing, I know.)  And my iPad actually started acting weird after it was installed.  It was a bit slower (it's not my internet connection, that's just fine) and on occasion I have to touch the same thing multiple times before it would open or go where it's supposed to go.

It changed the camera as well, and seemed to eliminate some of the options. I actually find it more difficult to navigate through the iPad now.  Smiley Sad

Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 1 of 20
Contributor

Re: How does everyone like iOS7?

There are several reasons to like iOS 7 by everyone. Most of the people are like this operating systems because of its features such as control center, AirDrop and smarter multitasking, etc. I am also like iOS 7 because of great improvement done in its features which are very handy in todays life style.

Message 16 of 20
Community Manager

Williamt1 wrote:

Has anyone upgraded to iOS 7.0.3 yet?

Bill

Yeah, it's fine. I don't like one thing though, they tied Parallax (I wanted it off) and zoom transition effects (I like those) together, so you either have them both on or off, not cool. Before the update, I had Parallax disabled (via Reduce Motion option) and enjoyed those cool zoom graphics, now I either have to turn them both off, or waste battery with Parallax that feel useless to me, just messes up my wallpapers.

Other than that, everything seems fine.

Dmitriy

Rethink Possible

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions: Learn More.

Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 17 of 20
Mentor

Ever since iOS7 on my 4S, now with iOS 7.0.3, here's list of problem

- my phone sometimes will show blank screen when I click on the Phone icon trying to make a call. I have to press the home button to get out, then try to Phone icon again to get the dial pad.

- the batterh meter is off. My phone would indicate 15% left and jump right into shut down (like it ran out of juice). Then when you plug it in, it would show 14% battery left

- the wifi is connection is getting worse. Sometimes it wouldn't be able to pick up signal while I was sitting in the same room all along and the signal was fine moment ago.

- Seems to use up battery life quicker ever though I tried all the battery saving tips

- More app crashes than before and all my apps are latest version

- On the locked screen, when I hit the headphone button to start my podcast, sometimes it would start my music instead, sometimes nothing.

I don't mind the iOS update, but please make it work before releasing it. Don't do what Microsoft does, using the general public as beta testers ... LOL

Message 18 of 20
Master

I would do a backup and restore through iTunes via USB cable and if the problems are not resolved then I would take it to an Apple Store and have them run a diagnostic check because that is not the norm for 4s or at least not among my friends that have them.

Message 19 of 20
Highlighted
Expert

stockae92 wrote:

Ever since iOS7 on my 4S, now with iOS 7.0.3, here's list of problem

- my phone sometimes will show blank screen when I click on the Phone icon trying to make a call. I have to press the home button to get out, then try to Phone icon again to get the dial pad.

- the batterh meter is off. My phone would indicate 15% left and jump right into shut down (like it ran out of juice). Then when you plug it in, it would show 14% battery left

- the wifi is connection is getting worse. Sometimes it wouldn't be able to pick up signal while I was sitting in the same room all along and the signal was fine moment ago.

- Seems to use up battery life quicker ever though I tried all the battery saving tips

- More app crashes than before and all my apps are latest version

- On the locked screen, when I hit the headphone button to start my podcast, sometimes it would start my music instead, sometimes nothing.

I don't mind the iOS update, but please make it work before releasing it. Don't do what Microsoft does, using the general public as beta testers ... LOL

/rofl beta testers for microsoft, hmm IOS7 has had 3 major patches since it was released, and security holes abound. Sounds like Apple is using their users for beta testers also. You issues sound more like hardware then software issue.

Personally I detest IOS7, loaded it on the ipad, used it for a few days, gave ipad to daughter and bought a MS surface pro, can get more accomplished on the pro and don;t miss the ipad at all

You app crashing is the app developers negligence, they did not do their due diligence when IOS 7 was out for the licensed developers and code their apps to function with IOS 7

Message 20 of 20
Share this topic
Announcements

Learn how connect your AT&T holiday gifts at Unwrapped on Wednesday, 12/27 (1-4pm ET)!

Is the iPhone X worth it? Find out why it totally is!

Find out how to track your iPhone's delivery!

Additional Support