Wireless Forums

Posted Oct 14, 2013
11:57:30 AM
View profile
How does everyone like iOS7?

Maybe it's just me, but I thought it was going to be awesome.  I'm not diggin' the color schemes at all. (That's a minor irrelevant thing, I know.)  And my iPad actually started acting weird after it was installed.  It was a bit slower (it's not my internet connection, that's just fine) and on occasion I have to touch the same thing multiple times before it would open or go where it's supposed to go.

It changed the camera as well, and seemed to eliminate some of the options. I actually find it more difficult to navigate through the iPad now.  :smileysad:

Maybe it's just me, but I thought it was going to be awesome.  I'm not diggin' the color schemes at all. (That's a minor irrelevant thing, I know.)  And my iPad actually started acting weird after it was installed.  It was a bit slower (it's not my internet connection, that's just fine) and on occasion I have to touch the same thing multiple times before it would open or go where it's supposed to go.

It changed the camera as well, and seemed to eliminate some of the options. I actually find it more difficult to navigate through the iPad now.  :smileysad:

*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

How does everyone like iOS7?

19 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
Cancel
Submit
Replies
(19)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 14, 2013 1:20:32 PM
(0)
Expert

OhItsIta wrote:

only updated my ipad to IOS 7, since there was no authorized method of returning to the previous version I replaced the ipad with a MS Surface Pro

OhItsIta wrote:

only updated my ipad to IOS 7, since there was no authorized method of returning to the previous version I replaced the ipad with a MS Surface Pro

Re: How does everyone like iOS7?

2 of 20 (941 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 14, 2013 1:27:31 PM
(0)
Employee

I got this without the contract so I ended up paying full price for it, so I can't really just switch without injuring my wallet right now.  I'm kind of regretting not going with my first choice of the Asus Vivo.  That seems more user-friendly...

I've been looking on-line for a way to possibly reverse the installation, but alas, it has been to no avail...

I got this without the contract so I ended up paying full price for it, so I can't really just switch without injuring my wallet right now.  I'm kind of regretting not going with my first choice of the Asus Vivo.  That seems more user-friendly...

I've been looking on-line for a way to possibly reverse the installation, but alas, it has been to no avail...

*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

3 of 20 (937 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 14, 2013 2:58:44 PM
(0)
Teacher

I'm not all that fond of it either. It seems to have bogged my system down honestly. My biggest gripe is the swipe up menu which has your utilities and other little goodies stored conveniently, but it's too much of a hassle. If I'm texting, on Facebook general movement around the screen completely halting what you are doing to slide it back down. Strikes me as odd in all Apple's research and studies this wasn't picked up on as, possible pain in the butt. 

Just my opinion, but definite room for improvement.

I'm not all that fond of it either. It seems to have bogged my system down honestly. My biggest gripe is the swipe up menu which has your utilities and other little goodies stored conveniently, but it's too much of a hassle. If I'm texting, on Facebook general movement around the screen completely halting what you are doing to slide it back down. Strikes me as odd in all Apple's research and studies this wasn't picked up on as, possible pain in the butt. 

4 of 20 (915 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 14, 2013 4:19:09 PM
(0)
ACE - Master

Works great on my iPhone 5 and iPad 4 but wish they would have given another color for notes background or tone the white down.

Works great on my iPhone 5 and iPad 4 but wish they would have given another color for notes background or tone the white down.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

5 of 20 (900 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 14, 2013 7:17:35 PM
(0)
ACE - Professor

I've not had any major issues on any of my devices running iOS 7.0.2 (iPhone 4 - unlocked AT&T, iPhone 5 - Locaked AT&T, iPad 2 - wifi only).  For a while I was fighting with the iMessage bug issue, but I've been over a week with that working properly now.  Other than that, it did take me a while to get used to most of the changes, but I started using it as soon as I could, so I had the betas on my iPhone 4, and when I got the GM a week before the public release, I loaded it on my iPad 2, so I had about a week head start with it to get used to it a little better.

The one thing I have noticed is that performing any updates OTA does tend to cause the battery to drain faster than normal after teh update is installed.  Generally performing a "Network Settings" reset, followed by a forced restart of the iPhone usually resolves that.  Of course, updatign through iTunes doesn't seem to have that problem either.  In fact, it was a restore through iTunes that I used to resolve the iMessage bug for me.

Jerry B.
"GeekBoy"

--

For additional help, please send a PM to ATTCustomerCare.

I've not had any major issues on any of my devices running iOS 7.0.2 (iPhone 4 - unlocked AT&T, iPhone 5 - Locaked AT&T, iPad 2 - wifi only).  For a while I was fighting with the iMessage bug issue, but I've been over a week with that working properly now.  Other than that, it did take me a while to get used to most of the changes, but I started using it as soon as I could, so I had the betas on my iPhone 4, and when I got the GM a week before the public release, I loaded it on my iPad 2, so I had about a week head start with it to get used to it a little better.

The one thing I have noticed is that performing any updates OTA does tend to cause the battery to drain faster than normal after teh update is installed.  Generally performing a "Network Settings" reset, followed by a forced restart of the iPhone usually resolves that.  Of course, updatign through iTunes doesn't seem to have that problem either.  In fact, it was a restore through iTunes that I used to resolve the iMessage bug for me.

Jerry B.
"GeekBoy"

--

Jerry B.
"GeekBoy"

--

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

6 of 20 (883 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 14, 2013 7:38:33 PM
(0)
Expert
Edited by wingrider01 on Oct 14, 2013 at 7:39:08 PM

oz_1 wrote:

I gave my ipad with IOS 7 to my 12 yr old daughter so she can play Minecraft, my iphone will be kept at at the last drop of IOS 6

oz_1 wrote:

I gave my ipad with IOS 7 to my 12 yr old daughter so she can play Minecraft, my iphone will be kept at at the last drop of IOS 6

[ Edited ]
7 of 20 (880 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 14, 2013 9:07:51 PM
(0)
ACE - Master

wingrider01 wrote:

oz_1 wrote:

I bet she appreciates that.

I got a friend that hates Kit -Kat so change has hit Android and swears they copied iOS7.

I learned to adapt a long time ago with clients running OSX  10.6 - 10.8.5,Win XP,7, 8 and Ubuntu  10.04,12.04.

There all just tools use the one that either makes you the most money or gets the job done the quickest.

wingrider01 wrote:

oz_1 wrote:

I bet she appreciates that.

I got a friend that hates Kit -Kat so change has hit Android and swears they copied iOS7.

I learned to adapt a long time ago with clients running OSX  10.6 - 10.8.5,Win XP,7, 8 and Ubuntu  10.04,12.04.

There all just tools use the one that either makes you the most money or gets the job done the quickest.

8 of 20 (863 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 15, 2013 2:24:25 AM
(0)
Professor
I really disliked the look when I first installed it on my 5, but over time I'm liking it more (or maybe just getting used to it). I really like the swipe up control center and the look of the new passcode entry screen. I had to play around with some of the settings like stopping the annoying background motion to get it to where I like. Only thing that still really bugs me is that you can't change the background colors for the folders; it seems to be fixed based on the color of the wallpaper you select and can't be changed.

After playing with it for a while, I think it's an overall positive upgrade.
I really disliked the look when I first installed it on my 5, but over time I'm liking it more (or maybe just getting used to it). I really like the swipe up control center and the look of the new passcode entry screen. I had to play around with some of the settings like stopping the annoying background motion to get it to where I like. Only thing that still really bugs me is that you can't change the background colors for the folders; it seems to be fixed based on the color of the wallpaper you select and can't be changed.

After playing with it for a while, I think it's an overall positive upgrade.

9 of 20 (845 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 15, 2013 4:35:48 AM
(0)
Tutor

I really hated it. To me iOS has gotten stale and boring.  The update seem to have slowed my phone done a bit too.  The phone feels more and more like my kids toys. 

Exhanged my phone this weekend for the Nokia 1020.  This phone brings back the COOl Factor.

I will admit, I am also using this phone because I am using a Windows 8 at work and home now.  The 2 work awesome together.

I really hated it. To me iOS has gotten stale and boring.  The update seem to have slowed my phone done a bit too.  The phone feels more and more like my kids toys. 

Exhanged my phone this weekend for the Nokia 1020.  This phone brings back the COOl Factor.

I will admit, I am also using this phone because I am using a Windows 8 at work and home now.  The 2 work awesome together.

10 of 20 (836 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 15, 2013 10:21:50 AM
(0)
Employee

Jolene_Kyle wrote:

I think I know what you mean with Facebook. When going through pictures on the pop-up screen, it's usually like "Lol Nope" and it's such a hassle to go to the next one, and even a pain to close out of it. I can no longer upload pictures to an album, and it doesn't let me upload videos unless they're like, 10+ minutes long. (Something with the file being too small anymore. I used to be able to upload any size.)  This is by using Safari, though. Not the application.  (I let my six year old play games on it, so I actually fear using the application because I'm sure she'll be sending everyone My Little Pony and Littlest Pet Shop invites. Lol)

Jolene_Kyle wrote:

I think I know what you mean with Facebook. When going through pictures on the pop-up screen, it's usually like "Lol Nope" and it's such a hassle to go to the next one, and even a pain to close out of it. I can no longer upload pictures to an album, and it doesn't let me upload videos unless they're like, 10+ minutes long. (Something with the file being too small anymore. I used to be able to upload any size.)  This is by using Safari, though. Not the application.  (I let my six year old play games on it, so I actually fear using the application because I'm sure she'll be sending everyone My Little Pony and Littlest Pet Shop invites. Lol)

11 of 20 (801 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 15, 2013 10:23:42 AM
(0)
Employee

iOS7 seems to work great on all my friends' iPhones.  (I'm an Android kinda' gal when it comes to phones.)  So it's just strange that it's being funky with the iPad.  :robotfrustrated:

I'm a bit relieved that it's not just me experiencing it acting all weird...  but still, it stinks.

iOS7 seems to work great on all my friends' iPhones.  (I'm an Android kinda' gal when it comes to phones.)  So it's just strange that it's being funky with the iPad.  :robotfrustrated:

I'm a bit relieved that it's not just me experiencing it acting all weird...  but still, it stinks.

12 of 20 (800 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 22, 2013 3:37:04 PM
(0)
Tutor

Has anyone upgraded to iOS 7.0.3 yet?

Bill

Bill

13 of 20 (601 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 22, 2013 7:24:27 PM
(0)
ACE - Professor

I loaded it on my iPhone 4, my iPad 2, and my iPhone 5.  The probelm is that I did them in that order, so my iPhone 5 didn't finish updating until about 7:45pm (just under 2 hours ago).

Jerry B.
"GeekBoy"

--

I loaded it on my iPhone 4, my iPad 2, and my iPhone 5.  The probelm is that I did them in that order, so my iPhone 5 didn't finish updating until about 7:45pm (just under 2 hours ago).

Jerry B.
"GeekBoy"

--

Jerry B.
"GeekBoy"

--

14 of 20 (589 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 22, 2013 11:28:36 PM
(0)
ACE - Master

Williamt1 wrote:

Bill

Both my iPad4 and iPhone5 so far so good.

Williamt1 wrote:

Bill

Both my iPad4 and iPhone5 so far so good.

15 of 20 (576 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 24, 2013 6:18:14 AM
(0)
Contributor

There are several reasons to like iOS 7 by everyone. Most of the people are like this operating systems because of its features such as control center, AirDrop and smarter multitasking, etc. I am also like iOS 7 because of great improvement done in its features which are very handy in todays life style.

There are several reasons to like iOS 7 by everyone. Most of the people are like this operating systems because of its features such as control center, AirDrop and smarter multitasking, etc. I am also like iOS 7 because of great improvement done in its features which are very handy in todays life style.

16 of 20 (539 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 24, 2013 6:27:23 AM
(0)
Community Manager
Edited by ATTDmitriyCM on Oct 24, 2013 at 6:29:50 AM

Williamt1 wrote:

Bill

Yeah, it's fine. I don't like one thing though, they tied Parallax (I wanted it off) and zoom transition effects (I like those) together, so you either have them both on or off, not cool. Before the update, I had Parallax disabled (via Reduce Motion option) and enjoyed those cool zoom graphics, now I either have to turn them both off, or waste battery with Parallax that feel useless to me, just messes up my wallpapers.

Other than that, everything seems fine.

Dmitriy

Rethink Possible

For account specific help, please send a private message to ATTCustomerCare

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions here.

Williamt1 wrote:

Bill

Yeah, it's fine. I don't like one thing though, they tied Parallax (I wanted it off) and zoom transition effects (I like those) together, so you either have them both on or off, not cool. Before the update, I had Parallax disabled (via Reduce Motion option) and enjoyed those cool zoom graphics, now I either have to turn them both off, or waste battery with Parallax that feel useless to me, just messes up my wallpapers.

Other than that, everything seems fine.

Dmitriy

Rethink Possible

For account specific help, please send a private message to ATTCustomerCare

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions here.

I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

[ Edited ]
17 of 20 (537 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 24, 2013 5:15:56 PM
(0)
Mentor

Ever since iOS7 on my 4S, now with iOS 7.0.3, here's list of problem

- my phone sometimes will show blank screen when I click on the Phone icon trying to make a call. I have to press the home button to get out, then try to Phone icon again to get the dial pad.

- the batterh meter is off. My phone would indicate 15% left and jump right into shut down (like it ran out of juice). Then when you plug it in, it would show 14% battery left

- the wifi is connection is getting worse. Sometimes it wouldn't be able to pick up signal while I was sitting in the same room all along and the signal was fine moment ago.

- Seems to use up battery life quicker ever though I tried all the battery saving tips

- More app crashes than before and all my apps are latest version

- On the locked screen, when I hit the headphone button to start my podcast, sometimes it would start my music instead, sometimes nothing.

I don't mind the iOS update, but please make it work before releasing it. Don't do what Microsoft does, using the general public as beta testers ... LOL

- my phone sometimes will show blank screen when I click on the Phone icon trying to make a call. I have to press the home button to get out, then try to Phone icon again to get the dial pad.

- the batterh meter is off. My phone would indicate 15% left and jump right into shut down (like it ran out of juice). Then when you plug it in, it would show 14% battery left

- the wifi is connection is getting worse. Sometimes it wouldn't be able to pick up signal while I was sitting in the same room all along and the signal was fine moment ago.

- Seems to use up battery life quicker ever though I tried all the battery saving tips

- On the locked screen, when I hit the headphone button to start my podcast, sometimes it would start my music instead, sometimes nothing.

I don't mind the iOS update, but please make it work before releasing it. Don't do what Microsoft does, using the general public as beta testers ... LOL

18 of 20 (511 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 25, 2013 7:20:31 PM
(0)
ACE - Master

I would do a backup and restore through iTunes via USB cable and if the problems are not resolved then I would take it to an Apple Store and have them run a diagnostic check because that is not the norm for 4s or at least not among my friends that have them.

I would do a backup and restore through iTunes via USB cable and if the problems are not resolved then I would take it to an Apple Store and have them run a diagnostic check because that is not the norm for 4s or at least not among my friends that have them.

19 of 20 (475 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 26, 2013 6:17:30 AM
(0)
Expert

stockae92 wrote:

/rofl beta testers for microsoft, hmm IOS7 has had 3 major patches since it was released, and security holes abound. Sounds like Apple is using their users for beta testers also. You issues sound more like hardware then software issue.

Personally I detest IOS7, loaded it on the ipad, used it for a few days, gave ipad to daughter and bought a MS surface pro, can get more accomplished on the pro and don;t miss the ipad at all

You app crashing is the app developers negligence, they did not do their due diligence when IOS 7 was out for the licensed developers and code their apps to function with IOS 7

stockae92 wrote:

/rofl beta testers for microsoft, hmm IOS7 has had 3 major patches since it was released, and security holes abound. Sounds like Apple is using their users for beta testers also. You issues sound more like hardware then software issue.

Personally I detest IOS7, loaded it on the ipad, used it for a few days, gave ipad to daughter and bought a MS surface pro, can get more accomplished on the pro and don;t miss the ipad at all

You app crashing is the app developers negligence, they did not do their due diligence when IOS 7 was out for the licensed developers and code their apps to function with IOS 7

20 of 20 (434 Views)