Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Mar 7, 2014
1:41:33 AM
How do i get a PUK code tonight online?

I have a prepaid phone that I got locked out of and I can't access my account because it sends a temp password to my locked phone. I don't have another phone right now. Is there any way to call customer support from my locked phone or set up my account without access to my phone? If there is not then holy cow how rediculous.. Any other phone you just have to wait a period of time after puting in the wronge code too many times, and i never even set mine up, it was still on default which i didn't know. I tried my pin which would make since to be the default and now I seem to be Out of luck. if i cant call att from my locked phone i think i am going to switch service. 

I have a prepaid phone that I got locked out of and I can't access my account because it sends a temp password to my locked phone. I don't have another phone right now. Is there any way to call customer support from my locked phone or set up my account without access to my phone? If there is not then holy cow how rediculous.. Any other phone you just have to wait a period of time after puting in the wronge code too many times, and i never even set mine up, it was still on default which i didn't know. I tried my pin which would make since to be the default and now I seem to be Out of luck. if i cant call att from my locked phone i think i am going to switch service. 

How do i get a PUK code tonight online?

5 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(5)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 7, 2014 2:57:49 AM
(0)
Tutor
All i wanted to do was setup a password for my phone and did not realize the default was 1111.. It's not like I was trying to bypass an already locked phone. There is no reason for me to be locked out of my phone with no way of retrieving this puk code that i should have created or received when i activated my phone. This is completely and utterly ridiculous. I need this phone for work and I can't use it now.. I am reallllyyyy unimpressed with this security measure that does nothing more than lock people out of their own phone.
All i wanted to do was setup a password for my phone and did not realize the default was 1111.. It's not like I was trying to bypass an already locked phone. There is no reason for me to be locked out of my phone with no way of retrieving this puk code that i should have created or received when i activated my phone. This is completely and utterly ridiculous. I need this phone for work and I can't use it now.. I am reallllyyyy unimpressed with this security measure that does nothing more than lock people out of their own phone.

Re: How do i get a PUK code tonight online?

2 of 6 (584 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 7, 2014 3:02:24 AM
(0)
ACE - Professor

You can't call anyone from a locked phone. That's the point. Do you have another phone you can call from? Landline, work phone, friend's phone...I've even seen some places still have pay phones! If you talk to someone, they may be able to assist. Though, with prepaid service you probably didn't set up any security that you can confirm to get in.

You might also try going to a company-owned AT&T store and talk to someone in person. Worst case scenario, you need a new SIM card, which might be a small fee.

You can't call anyone from a locked phone. That's the point. Do you have another phone you can call from? Landline, work phone, friend's phone...I've even seen some places still have pay phones! If you talk to someone, they may be able to assist. Though, with prepaid service you probably didn't set up any security that you can confirm to get in.

You might also try going to a company-owned AT&T store and talk to someone in person. Worst case scenario, you need a new SIM card, which might be a small fee.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

3 of 6 (582 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 7, 2014 3:07:55 AM
(0)
Tutor
I won't have access to another phone until tomorrow afternoon but i need to use my phone in the morning.. Is there any other way? Pm got no response and live chat is offline.. This is ridiculous.. The first time i activated my phone i used a prepaid card but i entered it online after making an account. Why cant i use that account rather than set up one with my cell number?
I won't have access to another phone until tomorrow afternoon but i need to use my phone in the morning.. Is there any other way? Pm got no response and live chat is offline.. This is ridiculous.. The first time i activated my phone i used a prepaid card but i entered it online after making an account. Why cant i use that account rather than set up one with my cell number?

4 of 6 (579 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 7, 2014 3:22:53 AM
(0)
Tutor
This is just frustrating to me. I am going to switch to verizon prepaid tomorrow. Forget this mess.
This is just frustrating to me. I am going to switch to verizon prepaid tomorrow. Forget this mess.

5 of 6 (576 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 8, 2014 6:13:58 PM
(0)
Scholar
You can get puk code from customer service. Dial 611 more options then tech support
You can get puk code from customer service. Dial 611 more options then tech support

6 of 6 (495 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments