How do i disable 3g on lg neon 2 and leave it on edge (2g)?

How do i disable 3g on lg neon 2 and leave it on edge (2g)?

Message 1 of 6 (841 Views)
Employee

Re: How do i disable 3g on lg neon 2 and leave it on edge (2g)?

Hi There,

The LG Neon 2 is a Quick Messaging Device and this can't be changed on that particular device. The 3G on that phone also handles the phone calls and provides better voice coverage and clarity.

Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 2 of 6 (754 Views)

Thanks for your reply. I was under the impression there was some sort of code I could enter to accomplish this? The reason I want to do it is because 3g at my home is 1 to 2 bars at best which causes me to miss alot of calls. The phone doesn't automatically switch to edge like it's supposed to.
Message 3 of 6 (746 Views)
Employee

I did a little more research just to see if there was any way to do it (I have personally not seen a Neon 2 in over a year) and there is no way that is set up for the user to disable any of the network settings. 

The codes you are refering to may be for a developer's or programmers model or Field Test Mode. I highly do not recommend using these codes if you find them online as they can damage your phone and render it completely un-usable. 

Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 4 of 6 (709 Views)

Okay. Thanks alot for your reply.
Message 5 of 6 (651 Views)
Highlighted
Master

You could try calling customer service (611 from your phone) and asking them if there is a way to disable the 3G data network. There is no guarantee, however.

Cat Happy Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010 Cat Happy

Message 6 of 6 (591 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.