Explore & discover

Helpful Links

How do i disable 3g on lg neon 2 and leave it on edge (2g)?

Highlighted

How do i disable 3g on lg neon 2 and leave it on edge (2g)?

Message 1 of 6
Guru

Re: How do i disable 3g on lg neon 2 and leave it on edge (2g)?

Hi There,

The LG Neon 2 is a Quick Messaging Device and this can't be changed on that particular device. The 3G on that phone also handles the phone calls and provides better voice coverage and clarity.

Message 2 of 6

Thanks for your reply. I was under the impression there was some sort of code I could enter to accomplish this? The reason I want to do it is because 3g at my home is 1 to 2 bars at best which causes me to miss alot of calls. The phone doesn't automatically switch to edge like it's supposed to.
Message 3 of 6
Guru

I did a little more research just to see if there was any way to do it (I have personally not seen a Neon 2 in over a year) and there is no way that is set up for the user to disable any of the network settings. 

The codes you are refering to may be for a developer's or programmers model or Field Test Mode. I highly do not recommend using these codes if you find them online as they can damage your phone and render it completely un-usable. 

Message 4 of 6

Okay. Thanks alot for your reply.
Message 5 of 6
Master

You could try calling customer service (611 from your phone) and asking them if there is a way to disable the 3G data network. There is no guarantee, however.

Cat Happy Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010 Cat Happy

Message 6 of 6
Share this topic
Share this topic
Additional Support