Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Jul 3, 2013
5:14:13 PM
View profile
How do I transfer my account to my mom's Friends & Family plan?

Here's the situation:

I have an iPhone 3Gs. I had a 2 year contract, which I fulfilled. I'm now paying month by month. I'm in California.

My mother has a cell phone and her provider is also ATT. She's located in Florida.

I'm unemployed and having trouble keeping up with my bills. Currently I owe one month for my cell service, and I'm about to owe another in a couple of days. I haven't been able to pay so my service is going to be suspended. (Since my service is being cut, I don't know if I'll end up actually owing for the next month - ATT does bill a month in advance, correct?)

How do I transfer to my mom's Friends & Family plan?

If I do this, can I still use my current phone?

Can I keep my current phone number?

Since my service is about to be suspended, do I have to pay before we can switch over? Or can what I owe be transferred to her in the process of switching to her plan?

My mom and I are trying to figure out how to get me, with my current phone, onto her plan but don't know how to go about it.

Thanks.

Here's the situation:

I have an iPhone 3Gs. I had a 2 year contract, which I fulfilled. I'm now paying month by month. I'm in California.

My mother has a cell phone and her provider is also ATT. She's located in Florida.

I'm unemployed and having trouble keeping up with my bills. Currently I owe one month for my cell service, and I'm about to owe another in a couple of days. I haven't been able to pay so my service is going to be suspended. (Since my service is being cut, I don't know if I'll end up actually owing for the next month - ATT does bill a month in advance, correct?)

How do I transfer to my mom's Friends & Family plan?

If I do this, can I still use my current phone?

Can I keep my current phone number?

Since my service is about to be suspended, do I have to pay before we can switch over? Or can what I owe be transferred to her in the process of switching to her plan?

My mom and I are trying to figure out how to get me, with my current phone, onto her plan but don't know how to go about it.

Thanks.

How do I transfer my account to my mom's Friends & Family plan?

2 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(2)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 3, 2013 5:22:31 PM
(0)
Expert

you can't put a california number and a florida number on the same family plan. Not even sure they will allow a tobr on a account that is in arrears.

I would recommend that you send a Private Message to Community Support is part of the AT&T customer service team, They may be able to resolve your Issue. You can expect a reply via return PM between the hours of 7am-10pm CST.

you can't put a california number and a florida number on the same family plan. Not even sure they will allow a tobr on a account that is in arrears.

I would recommend that you send a Private Message to Community Support is part of the AT&T customer service team, They may be able to resolve your Issue. You can expect a reply via return PM between the hours of 7am-10pm CST.

Re: How do I transfer my account to my mom's Friends & Family plan?

2 of 3 (347 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 3, 2013 9:48:34 PM
(0)
Contributor

Thanks. I've PM'ed Customer Care and I'm awaiting a response.

I'm fine with having to use a Florida number, if that's the way it works.

Thanks. I've PM'ed Customer Care and I'm awaiting a response.

I'm fine with having to use a Florida number, if that's the way it works.

Re: How do I transfer my account to my mom's Friends & Family plan?

3 of 3 (279 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments