How do I transfer my account to my mom's Friends & Family plan?

Contributor

How do I transfer my account to my mom's Friends & Family plan?

Here's the situation:

I have an iPhone 3Gs. I had a 2 year contract, which I fulfilled. I'm now paying month by month. I'm in California.

My mother has a cell phone and her provider is also ATT. She's located in Florida.

I'm unemployed and having trouble keeping up with my bills. Currently I owe one month for my cell service, and I'm about to owe another in a couple of days. I haven't been able to pay so my service is going to be suspended. (Since my service is being cut, I don't know if I'll end up actually owing for the next month - ATT does bill a month in advance, correct?)

How do I transfer to my mom's Friends & Family plan?

If I do this, can I still use my current phone?

Can I keep my current phone number?

Since my service is about to be suspended, do I have to pay before we can switch over? Or can what I owe be transferred to her in the process of switching to her plan?

My mom and I are trying to figure out how to get me, with my current phone, onto her plan but don't know how to go about it.

Thanks.

Message 1 of 3
Expert

Re: How do I transfer my account to my mom's Friends & Family plan?

you can't put a california number and a florida number on the same family plan. Not even sure they will allow a tobr on a account that is in arrears.

I would recommend that you send a Private Message to Community Support is part of the AT&T customer service team, They may be able to resolve your Issue. You can expect a reply via return PM between the hours of 7am-10pm CST.

Message 2 of 3
Highlighted
Contributor

Re: How do I transfer my account to my mom's Friends & Family plan?

Thanks. I've PM'ed Customer Care and I'm awaiting a response.

I'm fine with having to use a Florida number, if that's the way it works.

Message 3 of 3
You must type a description before you click preview or reply.
Share this topic
Announcements

Are you looking to upgrade and activate your device?

Let us help make Ordering, Upgrading and Activating easy!

Additional Support