Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Apr 19, 2014
5:26:33 PM
View profile
How do I put a lock on my phone?

I keep pocket dialing and I want to prevent that because i have a gophone and its taking money out but I don't know the security code and I only have one chance left and don't want to have to do a PUK code... really don't want to call.. Hope I am posting this in the right place

I keep pocket dialing and I want to prevent that because i have a gophone and its taking money out but I don't know the security code and I only have one chance left and don't want to have to do a PUK code... really don't want to call.. Hope I am posting this in the right place

How do I put a lock on my phone?

4 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(4)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 19, 2014 6:18:31 PM
(0)
ACE - Master

It would depend upon your phone.  FOr the more recent smart phones, it's usually built-in as a part of the phone settings.

I remember that even my old Nokia handsets had an option to do that, but since that was so many years ago, I don't remember exactly how you do it.  Try going a Google search for your phone and "keyboard lock" to see if the maker has one built-in.  They probably do.

Jerry B.
"GeekBoy"

--

For additional help, please send a PM to ATTCustomerCare.

It would depend upon your phone.  FOr the more recent smart phones, it's usually built-in as a part of the phone settings.

I remember that even my old Nokia handsets had an option to do that, but since that was so many years ago, I don't remember exactly how you do it.  Try going a Google search for your phone and "keyboard lock" to see if the maker has one built-in.  They probably do.

Jerry B.
"GeekBoy"

--

Jerry B.
"GeekBoy"

--

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: How do I put a lock on my phone?

2 of 5 (506 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 19, 2014 8:10:43 PM
(0)
Contributor
its not a smartphone I know how to do it sorry i guess im not asking the right question.. I need the security code I got it brand new a long time ago but never set a code and it says it should be 0000 or 1111 as default but apparently its not but if i try one more code it goes to a PUK code..
its not a smartphone I know how to do it sorry i guess im not asking the right question.. I need the security code I got it brand new a long time ago but never set a code and it says it should be 0000 or 1111 as default but apparently its not but if i try one more code it goes to a PUK code..

3 of 5 (488 Views)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 19, 2014 8:13:48 PM
(0)
Contributor
Im asking this now because i havnt had much of an issue but my mp3 broke so i added music to it and when im in music even if i lock it (its just slide to unlock which is why i want to put a pin to make it harder to unlock) it pocket dials easier somehow..
Im asking this now because i havnt had much of an issue but my mp3 broke so i added music to it and when im in music even if i lock it (its just slide to unlock which is why i want to put a pin to make it harder to unlock) it pocket dials easier somehow..

4 of 5 (486 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 21, 2014 5:55:10 AM
(0)
ACE - Master

What kind of phone do you have?  It will make it easier for people to provide better/more specific information if you'll tell us what brand of phone you're using.  (For example, the default security code for Nokia is generally 12345.)  

And better yet, add the make/model of your phone to your user profile information so that you won't have to remember to put this information in future posts where the information may be device specific. Smiley Happy

khrystald wrote:

=^..^=
There must be a happy medium somewhere between being totally informed and blissfully unaware.

- Doug Larson

What kind of phone do you have?  It will make it easier for people to provide better/more specific information if you'll tell us what brand of phone you're using.  (For example, the default security code for Nokia is generally 12345.)  

And better yet, add the make/model of your phone to your user profile information so that you won't have to remember to put this information in future posts where the information may be device specific. Smiley Happy

khrystald wrote:

=^..^=
There must be a happy medium somewhere between being totally informed and blissfully unaware.

- Doug Larson

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

5 of 5 (383 Views)