Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Dec 5, 2013
6:39:42 AM
View profile
How do I change the default page that opens when I tap the Internet Icon?

When I tap the Internet Icon it opens a yahoo search page.  If you type a specific IP address it does a search instead of going to the address.

But if I open Chrome and type the address it goes directly where I want to go.  So the "Internet Icon" on my phone (Galaxy S4 Active" is useless to me. I would rather it open Chrome or a standard browser.

When I tap the Internet Icon it opens a yahoo search page.  If you type a specific IP address it does a search instead of going to the address.

But if I open Chrome and type the address it goes directly where I want to go.  So the "Internet Icon" on my phone (Galaxy S4 Active" is useless to me. I would rather it open Chrome or a standard browser.

How do I change the default page that opens when I tap the Internet Icon?

1 reply
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(1)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 10, 2013 2:02:16 PM
(0)
Community Manager

Hello, DannyC01!

Thanks for posting. You should be able to tap and hold the internet icon to move it elsewhere. Once you've done that, you can tap and hold the Chrome icon and drag it to where the internet icon used to be.

I don't have the S4 Active, but I did try it on my Note II. Assuming the two aren't terribly different, the method above should work for you.

Let me know if that works for you!

-Mariana

Rethink Possible

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions: Learn More.

Hello, DannyC01!

Thanks for posting. You should be able to tap and hold the internet icon to move it elsewhere. Once you've done that, you can tap and hold the Chrome icon and drag it to where the internet icon used to be.

I don't have the S4 Active, but I did try it on my Note II. Assuming the two aren't terribly different, the method above should work for you.

Let me know if that works for you!

-Mariana

Rethink Possible

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions: Learn More.

*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

Re: How do I change the default page that opens when I tap the Internet Icon?

2 of 2 (432 Views)