Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Aug 26, 2013
8:53:56 PM
View profile
How do I activate new micro sim card while keeping same phone number from old sim card?

I have been using a GoPhone prepaid account. All I want is to keep my current phone number while switching from a normal sim card to micro sim card (from buying unlocked HTC One).

I went to a store to get a free micro sim and the guy told me to call 611 to transfer my number to the new micro sim card, but yet there is no option to do so(?). This also cannot be done online, as I messed up my first micro sim by activating it alone, which gives you a new GoPhone account and phone number.

As many times as I call 611, I can never find the option to talk to a service representative directly. Calling the toll free number is just a longer way of accessing 611. What am I missing here?

I have been using a GoPhone prepaid account. All I want is to keep my current phone number while switching from a normal sim card to micro sim card (from buying unlocked HTC One).

I went to a store to get a free micro sim and the guy told me to call 611 to transfer my number to the new micro sim card, but yet there is no option to do so(?). This also cannot be done online, as I messed up my first micro sim by activating it alone, which gives you a new GoPhone account and phone number.

As many times as I call 611, I can never find the option to talk to a service representative directly. Calling the toll free number is just a longer way of accessing 611. What am I missing here?

How do I activate new micro sim card while keeping same phone number from old sim card?

3 replies
(5) Me too
(5) Me too
View all replies
(3)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 26, 2013 8:57:13 PM
(0)
Expert

Check out this thread...it should tell you what you need to do to talk to a rep...

Hope this helps.

https://forums.att.com/t5/Prepaid/how-to-talk-to-at-amp-t-rep/m-p/1856326#M34603

REGRET NOTHING~

we live & learn~

Check out this thread...it should tell you what you need to do to talk to a rep...

Hope this helps.

https://forums.att.com/t5/Prepaid/how-to-talk-to-at-amp-t-rep/m-p/1856326#M34603

REGRET NOTHING~

we live & learn~

Re: How do I activate new micro sim card while keeping same phone number from old sim card?

2 of 4 (24,999 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 7, 2013 7:07:40 PM
(0)
ACE - Master
If you haven't already solved the issue, cutting your current standard sized SIM card with a microSIM cutter or a pair of scissors would be much more convenient. I cut mine with a microSIM cutter and it was easy as pie.

Cat Happy Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010 Cat Happy

If you haven't already solved the issue, cutting your current standard sized SIM card with a microSIM cutter or a pair of scissors would be much more convenient. I cut mine with a microSIM cutter and it was easy as pie.

:cathappy: Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010 :cathappy:

Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: How do I activate new micro sim card while keeping same phone number from old sim card?

3 of 4 (24,692 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 8, 2013 3:39:46 PM
(0)
Scholar

You can talk to a customer service.  I did it recently by calling 611 but forgot exactly how to do it.

You can talk to a customer service.  I did it recently by calling 611 but forgot exactly how to do it.

4 of 4 (24,657 Views)