How can I transfer a ringtone from a Samsung X497 SLV to an LG A340?

Contributor

How can I transfer a ringtone from a Samsung X497 SLV to an LG A340?

Message 1 of 4 (753 Views)
Teacher

Re: How can I transfer a ringtone from a Samsung X497 SLV to an LG A340?

You can use bluetooth to transfer ringtones from device to device.

Here's the step by step guide provided by a third-party website:

Step 1

Open the Bluetooth menu on the first phone. Turn on Bluetooth by selecting "Turn On" or "On." Select "Turn on Discovery" to allow devices to search for this cell phone.

Step 2

Open the Bluetooth menu on the second phone and enable Bluetooth by selecting "Turn On" or "On." Select "Search for Devices" to begin searching for the first phone.

Step 3

Choose the first phone from the results of available devices found by the second phone. The results might list the phone's brand, model number or a personalized name previously defined by the user.

Step 4

Create a four-digit code and enter it in phone one. Enter the same code in phone two. This approves permission for the phones to synchronize.

Step 5

Navigate to the folder containing the ring tones you wish to transfer. Select a ring tone and choose "Send via Bluetooth."

Step 6

Approve the transfer on the other phone and allow the ring tone to transfer. Repeat this process until all desired ring tones have been transferred.

Step 7

Open the Bluetooth menu on each phone and select "Turn Off" to terminate the Bluetooth connection.

Message 2 of 4 (716 Views)
Contributor

Thanks for the detailed reply.  I really appreciate it. Now I am in a different situation.

The AT&T people transferred everything they could from my old phone to the new one (LG A340).  This did not include the ringtone.  I found the ringtone again on a website that sent a text message to my new phone.  However, it told me to follow a link, which I either don't know how to do or can't do (I don't have a data plan).  When I got the original ringtone on my old phone, it was installed on my phone without this intermediate step.  Again, I would appreciate it if someone can help.  Maybe I'll have to go back to the AT&T store yet again.

Message 3 of 4 (673 Views)
Community Manager

Hm, well you need to be able to access the Internet to download any files to your phone, including ringtones. Do you mean you have data blocked or just don't subscribe to a data plan?

Thank you,

Dmitriy

Rethink Possible

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions: Learn More.

Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 4 of 4 (488 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.