Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Dec 11, 2013
7:20:08 PM
View profile
How can I qualify for the new value datashare rate plan?

My iPhone 5 (1 yr old) is still under contract,  what do i need to do in order to qualify for the new value data share plan?  Is it possible to pay the iphone off and change to the new plan?

My iPhone 5 (1 yr old) is still under contract,  what do i need to do in order to qualify for the new value data share plan?  Is it possible to pay the iphone off and change to the new plan?

How can I qualify for the new value datashare rate plan?

8 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(8)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 11, 2013 7:47:22 PM
(0)
Scholar

No need to pay off your contract; just call AT&T (dial 611 on your wireless device or 800-331-0500 from a touch tone phone) and have them change your plan.

-= ranron =-
Silver iPhone 5s - AT&T / 450 Rollover Minutes + 200 Bonus Minutes / Unlimited Int'l Data / 50 Roaming Messages / WorldTraveler / WorldConnect
Gray iPhone 5s - China Mobile / 1200 Minutes / 3GB data

[Note: I am not affiliated with AT&T]

No need to pay off your contract; just call AT&T (dial 611 on your wireless device or 800-331-0500 from a touch tone phone) and have them change your plan.

Re: How can I qualify for the new value datashare rate plan?

2 of 9 (1,027 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 11, 2013 7:48:54 PM
(0)
ACE - Professor
Hi there!

Excellent question!

In order to qualify for the new Mobile Share Value plans you would have to:

A) Be under a AT&T Next agreement

Or

B) you must have completed your 24 month contract

Because you stated you are only 1 year into the contract, you will have to wait another year to qualify.

Hope that helps! Smiley Happy
~Sunshine Smiley Happy
Hi there!

Excellent question!

In order to qualify for the new Mobile Share Value plans you would have to:

A) Be under a AT&T Next agreement

Or

B) you must have completed your 24 month contract

Because you stated you are only 1 year into the contract, you will have to wait another year to qualify.

Hope that helps! Smiley Happy
~Sunshine :)
- Sunshine :)
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

3 of 9 (1,025 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 12, 2013 8:57:07 AM
(0)
Employee

You don't need to be out of contract to move over to the Mobile Share Value Plans... 

If you're in an existing Family Plan and you move over to either of the Mobile Share Plans, you won't be able to switch back.

You don't need to be out of contract to move over to the Mobile Share Value Plans... 

If you're in an existing Family Plan and you move over to either of the Mobile Share Plans, you won't be able to switch back.

*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

4 of 9 (972 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 12, 2013 1:46:02 PM
(0)
ACE - Professor
Doh. Just saw that, thanks for that OhItsIta Smiley Tongue
~Sunshine Smiley Happy
Doh. Just saw that, thanks for that OhItsIta Smiley Tongue
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

5 of 9 (956 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 12, 2013 9:08:08 PM
(0)
Tutor

I called 611 and this is what I was told...  The only way to move to the new value data share plan is to pay a ~$200 penalty and cancel my current contract.  Than I would have to start a new value shared data contact with a newly assigned phone number....  I would not be able to keep my current phone number Smiley Sad  I am going to go into a store this weekend and see what they say...

I called 611 and this is what I was told...  The only way to move to the new value data share plan is to pay a ~$200 penalty and cancel my current contract.  Than I would have to start a new value shared data contact with a newly assigned phone number....  I would not be able to keep my current phone number Smiley Sad  I am going to go into a store this weekend and see what they say...

6 of 9 (932 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 12, 2013 11:05:29 PM
(0)
ACE - Professor
You don't need terminate your contract. According to what I'm seeing, it seems it's the plan + $40 (since it's a 2 year agreement) per line, so you should be able to switch without a problem.
~Sunshine Smiley Happy
You don't need terminate your contract. According to what I'm seeing, it seems it's the plan + $40 (since it's a 2 year agreement) per line, so you should be able to switch without a problem.

7 of 9 (921 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 13, 2013 10:20:44 AM
(0)
Employee
Edited by loganic on Dec 13, 2013 at 10:30:14 AM

Hey guys, let's clear this up.

You can move to the Mobileshare value plans. That's the easy part.

The Mobileshare value plans, charges $40 for a smartphone under commitment and $25 for one that's not. (not counting the base charge for the shared data)

By implication, you can get it even under contract.

What you're not able to do, is get the $25 rate until you finish the contract, or pay it off.

Proof is in the pudding as they say, look at it here, http://www.myattrpc.com/

-Alex

Hey guys, let's clear this up.

You can move to the Mobileshare value plans. That's the easy part.

The Mobileshare value plans, charges $40 for a smartphone under commitment and $25 for one that's not. (not counting the base charge for the shared data)

By implication, you can get it even under contract.

What you're not able to do, is get the $25 rate until you finish the contract, or pay it off.

Proof is in the pudding as they say, look at it here, http://www.myattrpc.com/

-Alex

*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

[ Edited ]
8 of 9 (900 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 15, 2014 7:43:22 PM
(0)
Scholar

I'm curious... did you move after you got your iPhone? (For example, you have a CA number, but you now live in NY).

I'm seen it in a couple occasions where you can't move to the MobileShare because your number is from a different market with relations to the new billing address.

-= ranron =-
Silver iPhone 5s - AT&T / 450 Rollover Minutes + 200 Bonus Minutes / Unlimited Int'l Data / 50 Roaming Messages / WorldTraveler / WorldConnect
Gray iPhone 5s - China Mobile / 1200 Minutes / 3GB data

[Note: I am not affiliated with AT&T]

I'm curious... did you move after you got your iPhone? (For example, you have a CA number, but you now live in NY).

I'm seen it in a couple occasions where you can't move to the MobileShare because your number is from a different market with relations to the new billing address.

9 of 9 (371 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments