Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Jul 15, 2013
10:23:39 PM
View profile
How can I manage a pre-paid account without a conventional phone?

I have purchased a prepaid SIM card to use in my residential security system as an emergency backup.  My security system does not have a key pad or a display, it is a self-contained system that automatically dials out when an emergency or security violation occurs.

I would like to establish an on-line account so I can monitor the usage of the account, refill the account balance and other management tasks.

I was told that I should use the last four digits of my account number as my PIN when I first log-on to set-up an account.  When I did that, the web site said it was sending me an SMS text with my new PIN.  My security system is unable to receive or display text messages so I have no idea what my PIN has been changed to nor how to change it to something I can use.

Please tell me how I can create an on-line account to manage my pre-paid account without a conventional phone.

Thank you.

I have purchased a prepaid SIM card to use in my residential security system as an emergency backup.  My security system does not have a key pad or a display, it is a self-contained system that automatically dials out when an emergency or security violation occurs.

I would like to establish an on-line account so I can monitor the usage of the account, refill the account balance and other management tasks.

I was told that I should use the last four digits of my account number as my PIN when I first log-on to set-up an account.  When I did that, the web site said it was sending me an SMS text with my new PIN.  My security system is unable to receive or display text messages so I have no idea what my PIN has been changed to nor how to change it to something I can use.

Please tell me how I can create an on-line account to manage my pre-paid account without a conventional phone.

Thank you.

How can I manage a pre-paid account without a conventional phone?

1 reply
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(1)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 22, 2013 11:32:20 AM
(0)
Community Support

Thanks for the post dickflanagan. This is a unique question indeed. I'm not sure how this is done, or if it can be done. But we'd be happy to find out for you. Please send a private message to ATTCustomerCare with your full name, account number, contact information and the best time you can be reached. One of our managers will contact you within 24-48 business hours. 

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions here.

Thanks for the post dickflanagan. This is a unique question indeed. I'm not sure how this is done, or if it can be done. But we'd be happy to find out for you. Please send a private message to ATTCustomerCare with your full name, account number, contact information and the best time you can be reached. One of our managers will contact you within 24-48 business hours. 

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions here.

*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

Re: How can I manage a pre-paid account without a conventional phone?

2 of 2 (1,182 Views)