How can I block a certain number from calls and txt messages?

Highlighted
Mentor

How can I block a certain number from calls and txt messages?

Message 1 of 5 (29,044 Views)
Master

Re: How can I block a certain number from calls and txt messages?

The cheap basic way is to just set up the number in your contacts.  Then edit the contact so the ringtone and text tone are a file with no sound.  Then also set the vibrate to NONE in the contact also.  The only downside is calls will still show in recents and they can leave a voicemail, and text messages will still show under messages.  All it does is prevent you from hearing them.

If you want to totally block them so you don't hear or see anything from them then you need to pay for the Smart Limits for Wireless ($4.99 mo)
http://www.att.com/shop/wireless/services/smartlimits-parentalcontrols-sku1010174.html

Message 2 of 5 (28,968 Views)
Master

Oh and I have a silent ringtone here:
http://www.psyopindustries.com/ringtones/silent.zip

Message 3 of 5 (28,965 Views)
Contributor

[ Edited ]

Its funny that I wasn't getting sales calls on my private line until I upgraded to an iphone with a new 2 year contract.   Now I get these random sales calls and come to find out that I can stop these calls for a $5 per month fee.  That is called a scam.  Why so harsh?  Other phone companies allow for the block feature without the charge.  

Your only options seem to be pay the fee, go to another phone company[Per Guidelines:  Keep it Relevant and Appropriate].

I'm all for the last one!

Message 4 of 5 (9,595 Views)

I would like to thank everyone for taking the time to post your comments and opinions related to this topic. This topic has been thoroughly discussed and will now be closed.

Remember to always mark items that you find useful as "Accepted Solutions”, you can even mark multiple posts in a single thread.  This will help other users find this information too!!

Message 5 of 5 (9,590 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.