Hotspot data or cellular data for the new apple air?

Mentor

Hotspot data or cellular data for the new apple air?

I was told by a representive at a local Electronics store that it is better to have a cellular plan for my Apple air instead of my 5GB hotspot on my phone which i have on one of my lines with ATT.He said it would wear down my phone battery which i really dont use that much compared to the ipad which i use more Is this true?It doesnt make sense to get data if i already have on my hotspot?Also is the hotspot or cellular faster?Any advise would be appreciated thanks.

Message 1 of 2 (486 Views)
Community Manager

Re: Hotspot data or cellular data for the new apple air?

Hello, hpd777!

Thanks for your post. Honestly, it depends on your usage. It may be more convenient to have a data plan on your new Apple Air. If you choose this route, you could always downgrade the data package on your phone since you won't be using as much data.

It might be even cheaper to go the Mobile Share Route, depending on what package you choose. For more information about Mobile Share, click on the link below.

Mobile Share Data Calculator

Mobile Share Plans

Let me know if this helps!

-Mariana

Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 2 of 2 (406 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.